586,076 active members*
3,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Buy new Milltronics or what else???
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Buy new Milltronics or what else???

We are looking into buying a new CNC Vertical Milltronics Milling machine. Can anyone tell me if that would be a decent buy? Any thoughts on the Control?? We will be using it for mild Steel and 410 Stainless.

Thanks

What model ? we have the centurion 7 control I like them
    Bill

we thinking about the Rh 30.

Cant be of much help on that model we have a RW20 and a VM30XP
    I can tell you that we have had great support from our dealer and Milltronics
    Bill

Milltronics

Been Using Milltronics Since 1997 And Am Very Happy.
    The Service Guys Are Allways Eager To Help When The Occasional Challenge Comes Up.

I use a MB19, great machine. The rh30 looks great too.
    The only complaint I have is with the coolant pump, too small, have had to rebuild it twice. I'm thinking about adding an external coolant tank with a skimmer.

enat

milltronics compared to Haas or Fadal

How does the Milltronics compare to a Haas or Fadal as far as capabilities, accuracy and dependability. We build prototype to short run injection molds mostly from P-20. We have a Haas VF-1 that is a little over a year old and is fantastic compared to our 10 year old Fadal which we want to replace. Can I expect the same results out of a Milltronics VM30 that we get from our Haas?

Smile

I'm glad some can get help. Milltronics are a great buy for the money BUT they only support their machines for about 10yrs. I have a Partner 7 w Cen 4 controller and I'm SOL for parts and support. When we bought the machine, we had to replace the spindle bearings, no problem, but then we tried to get a drive belt and where told "sorry discontinued". Luckly the machine is still running good.

Quote Originally Posted by schrupphobel72 View Post
    We are looking into buying a new CNC Vertical Milltronics Milling machine. Can anyone tell me if that would be a decent buy? Any thoughts on the Control?? We will be using it for mild Steel and 410 Stainless.

Thanks
    I cut 410 SS no problemo on my VM-22 quite regularly. As far as accuracy, I built a 300 series motorcycle wheel (18" x 10+") awhile back and at 180mph+ on the balancing machine it still didn't require weights... Considering this wheel was cut at three different times on my machine, (totally removed in between,) I'm thinking it was spot on~ You just don't get lucky like that, it had to be accurate... (The dude that owned the balancer was really impressed!)

BTW, that was a full 3D wheel...
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

pictures of the wheel please! :rainfro:

i would buy a hass before a miltronics,ive owned a miltronics years ago and now have a new hass,the hass is a much better machine and the service is
    great

steve

Get the RH 30. I have one with a tilting rotary 5 axis. there are no problems to speak of. I used to run a Haas VF7 and it cant stand in the shadow of the milltronics. There were always problems with the servo drive modules and it was very expensive to repair. My RH 30 was new in July of 2001 with about 8000 hours and still holds tenths all day every day. I am looking hard at the bigger RH 33 to do oilfield parts on. The RH 30 cuts 4140 and 316 stainless about 80% of its life. It has the 6000 RPM spindle with massive torque, but it is slow on aluminum, who cares when you work by the hour. You will not find a better service and support department with any other manufacturer. Or in stock overnight delivery of parts with a very knowledgeable parts dept. Very complicated parts can be programmed right at the control or you can use cad cam it works with either very well. you are not stuck with a cookie cutter style of machine with Milltronics you have a lot of options to build a machine to suit your specific needs and make a profitable work day.

Quote Originally Posted by gnielsen View Post
    How does the Milltronics compare to a Haas or Fadal as far as capabilities, accuracy and dependability. We build prototype to short run injection molds mostly from P-20. We have a Haas VF-1 that is a little over a year old and is fantastic compared to our 10 year old Fadal which we want to replace. Can I expect the same results out of a Milltronics VM30 that we get from our Haas?
    If your Haas works good, why wouldn't you stay with Haas or do you already know how to program Milltronics equipment??

I'm just curious because one of the reasons I went with Milltronics was that I knew how to run them inside out. Our first Milltronics was a hunk of &*$@!! However, it was bought new in 95ish and it had problems from day one.

I overlooked that and went out on a $70k limb with the 22 but it's definitely worth it! Milltronics isn't perfect but they're worth the price in my opinion...

why would it be slow on aluminum,makes no sense,but thats what you get when you but a miltronics,how old were your hass's?the new ones are different from the older days,i have no problems with hass,almost three years old now not one problem,the last miltronics i had was new in 95,was light duty machine that went to hell fast,i doubt you ever owned a new hass

for those of you who own or buy miltronics,i have only this to say,im glad your not any of my vendors

And for my two cents worth......The school that I worked at owned both and they have treated us well. Seems like is kind a like a Ford VS Chevy Question.
    Put the Hammer away CNC is here

Anybody that had machines Haas or Milltronics would see vast improvements on both you cannot compare a 10 year old machine to a brand new one. The RH-30 is a box way machine, so there are some differences there.

Quote Originally Posted by SORCHEROR View Post
    for those of you who own or buy miltronics,i have only this to say,im glad your not any of my vendors
    Cripes!?!?!?!

That statement is stupid, and, as we all know, you can't fix stupid.
    Schneider Machine
    A force of one

From the mouth of a fool

I've said dumber things lol, so I won't knock him too bad... However, I personally wouldn't care if my vendor whittled my parts with a carbide pocket knife as long as they were to print and the finish and piece price were good!!

Page 1 of 2 12