Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
It would catch me if the tool and operation were listed at start of g-code file but no code in body. I have seen this before for different reasons and not clear if it was my problem or the programs. I tend to use CAD, CAM, Calculators...….. all at same time and this can make the system act flakey. I see an error with how 2d operations loose surface level values if you delete any operation before it. This possible error has been there for years. I know to just open the parameters dialog box and then close it to fix the values. Because this has been there for years I figured it was more me and how I set it up or something and not an error in the program updating the data.
The tool change for the spot drill and twist drill were posted, but there was no move other than in the safe plane. Also, for the SC11 project that was opened in SC12), in the strategy tab and under the "Cycle type" section, the "NC code format" drop down field was missing, but it came back once I deleted the ops and recreated them from scratch on SC12. The hole interpolation and tapping ops that followed the two drill ops appeared to post just fine so I'm guessing that something changed in the way SC12 internally handles the simpler hole making ops.

Stuff like this drives me nuts.