586,075 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain: iTNC530 M128 and spatial question

Hello there!

I'm using a 5 axis DMG 70 eVo milling machine with a Heidenhain iTNC530 control.

I'm having troubles using the spatial functions (together with NX post processed .h files).

When I clamp a piece on the machine, I use a TS641 Heidenhain touch probe to touch 3 points of the top plane. (X,Y and Z coordinate of 3 points). This defines my X/Y plane of my workpiece. I want to make my machine coordinate system the same as this one so I use the "special TNC function" softkey to use the SPATIAL POINTS function. The next thing I do is enter the 3 X,Y,Z coordinates and let the machine do a coordinate transformation (or a rotation).

Now I make sure the coordinate transformation is set active for "program run". Now the workpiece/machine coordinate system should be the same as the one in my CAM program. So I start running the .h file (generated by the CAM postprocessor).

But then I get the error: 3D rotation not allowed with M128.

When I manually remove the M128 offcourse the .h file is not correct anymore and the machine movements are not what they should be (this is was quite predictable )

What can I do to get this working?

As a test I also tried the following: I clamped a rectangular block of aluminium on the machine (clamped quite bad, in such a way it's far from parallel to the machine working plane). Than I used the Spatial points + coordinate rotate function to get piece levelled out. Than I programmed a simple cycle 251 to mill a pocket, and this worked, the pocket was parallel with the aluminium block so the 3D rotation worked. But it doesn't work for a Post processed NX CAM program.

Does your program have an M91, M92 or Tool Call. Reading any of these while in 3D rotation or tilted plane and M128 will cause the alarm. And of course M128 is tool tip oritention so it cant change tools while following a tilted or rotated plane.

Hi jan.van.gent

Did you found the right solution to align the workpiece with plane function?

I was wondering if you could help me to do the same because i am also stuck with that. I need to that in a measuring program and i have no idea where to input those angles in my preset table so it works. Somehow it just ignores B rotation.

I am new with Heidenhain in Sinumerik 840d i can do thait in few sec with TRAORI and cycle998

Please help if you can
    Thank you