586,103 active members*
3,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco training manual easy to use self teaching with support
Page 3 of 3 123
    Just a bump to the top of the page to get some interest again.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

I just got an old (mid 80s) BMC30 with an Ultimax II. Is there a way to do multiple parts or will the conversational only do one piece at a time? Does you manual show how to do conventional programming, the manual says the basic instructions are in paragraph 3.5.12.5 but the manual goes from 3.5.8 to 3.6. and I didn't get the second manual.

Arrow multible parts

One of the most powerfull functions in MaxII is the "Pattern" functions.

To do multible parts program the job to the first part from start to finish.

Next find the Absolute position of the next part relative to your original part zero for X|Y|Z and any other additional parts. Remember this is from the first part Zero - not machine zero.

Now go back and insert a "Pattern Locations" block before each group of blocks for a single tool, then a "Pattern End" before your "Position" block if you choose to use one for tool changes.

Another block you need to fine tune as a program runs is the "Change Parameter block" - like turn down the following error during roughing of pockets, adjusting retract height, max rapids etc.

Strangely enough - the more you think for the machine and code it for just how you want it the faster the overall program will run.

Things like "Graphics Off" before say, a facemilling operation will clean up the display and improve drawing speed. Learn to use those graphics for maximum value... they will save your butt when you put in a typo somewhere.

Thanks for the information, there is a lot to learn on the control, it's just getting a different mindset I guess.

Does anyone have the 'g-code' manual for the control? I want to use a CAD-CAM system to program the 4th axis and 3D shapes and from what I've read, the control is 2 1/2D at best, and that the dialect is different and pretty basic.

I have another issue with the machine as well. I have the drawing of the pullstud in the manual but it's microscopic and been photocopied too many times to be readable. Can anyone give me a manufacturers part number or a good drawing of the dimensions of the stud?

Send emails to my new email address. [email protected] I am jetski. I will send out sample pages of my manual. I also do training and phone support. The manual covers G and M code for the HNC code. It also has a loop program that runs in the HNC code that you can cut and paste. Let me know how I can help. The manuals are all the way around the world now, some places I have never heard of. Let me know how I can help.

Different mind set is right.

I thought I was going to just loose my mind when I found out there was nothing like an MDI mode in the Hurco universe.

I work with Mazak's, Haas, Okuma and an assortment of Fanuc controls each has there own flavor of the old RS-274D.

I'm also using EMC2 on a few machine conversions.

I would not call the Hurco RS-274D version 2 1/2D - in fact I do my threadmilling in g-code because its easier than fighting certain methods immbedded in the way MaxII will try to execute the code.

header is a single %
    T## M6 calls the tool change and activates the tool height offset.
    N numbers are optional I use them for start points for each tool, or start of a finish pass.
    G|X|Y|Z|F|S are modal
    G04 is kinda modal as it can set drill dwells and such.
    G04 /##### where # is ?thousanth? of a second - need to verify.
    Arc centers are ABSOLUTE I|J (I don't think R is supported)
    Fixed cycles move in the Z negative direction using "Z##.####" where ##.#### is the unsigned incremental value from the tool position when the fixed cycle was called.

Confused yet - Try this "G83 Z Z Z Z F"
    end of file
    M9
    M25
    M2
    E

Remember - tool radius comp in either mode is based on a tool DIAMETER

Anyway - most of this is from my failing memory. You should get a book if possible. However most major CAD/CAM publishers have a suitable post that works with all Hurco's bizzarre tastes in G-code.

The standard Hurco DOS based CONUPDN or NCUPDN should allow your machine to run DNC from the serial port @ 9600 baud.

Jetski's guide is based more towards the conversational - and anything that will get your head wrapped around how this all works would be a good value for you.

I might have a spare Hurco NC RS-274D manual... But I'm not even going to try looking for it until after the first of the year... The holidays are all nutz.:wave:

Good luck with it.

I picked up all sorts of manuals for the machine from Hurco and now I'm trying to get it producing parts. The programming isn't an issue, it looks quirky but managable, I just can't get the tools loaded because with all the information on programming there seems to be nothing on manually operating the toolchanger.

Can you please send me an User Manual to e-mail: [email protected] ? Best regards!

If you need a manual, call or email Hurco service, I've found them to be better than most at quick response to an email and they will send out all the manuals they have in pdf format. The manuals look like they were written by a combination engineer and lawyer but all the information is there. Just give them the serial number and they can tell you all sorts of information about your machine.

I just thought I would bump this back to the top. Please send all emails to [email protected] I no longer have the other email address. Thank you for the last year of sales.

Please use my new email to contact me to order manuals. My old one is now turned off. Use [email protected] thank you. I am still selling manuals at a good pace. Let me know if you need one.

August 1st I am lowing the price of manuals to $60.00 US

Send emails to [email protected] Ask for the August special! Both manuals together for $60.00. And the August training special $300.00 per day plus travel. Email for the full deal ref. the August special. Thank you for all of the manuals this year and training in house.

Hi, just getting started with some part time access to a Hurco, will keep these manuals in mind.

Just a bumb back to the top. [email protected] 317-408-2684 George

hurco training

i am interested in the manual.we have a 2005 vmx24. please email me at
    [email protected].
    thanks, roger

Page 3 of 3 123