586,395 active members*
2,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 10 of 14 89101112

Re: Spindle Recommendation

I order the Igus cable recommended and it was a terrible experience. I am sure the product is good if it was recommended by one of the knowledgeable members of this forum but the customer service is terrible. I ordered 15ft which took them 1 full week to ship but I am not in a rush so it’s fine. I received an email asking for my credit card number so I called instead just because I did not want my credit card number on an email. First time a reputable business ask me for a cc number through email, I found that strange. 3 days after I provided my cc No., I was charged for an amount higher than initially quoted; $10 more without explanation. Emailed the guy about the extra charge and never got back to me. It is not the end of the world but left pretty upset with the customer service received. Not even the Chinese provide such a crappy service. Paid $40 for the cable and $25 for shipping within Canada within the same Province. Where the average shipping cost is $10 max from other businesses for a package in similar size. Ended up paying close to CAD$100 for 15 ft; not what I had in mind but is over with.

Boy sounds like it was almost a scam. I got mine from Automation Direct and it was a piece of cake to order, tracking number and then it was here. I ordered 20 ft because it made the minimum for free shipping!! I think it was $50 US, but not 100% sure. I never take "free" advice off CNCZone unless I check it out myself.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Par View Post
    I order the Igus cable recommended and it was a terrible experience. I am sure the product is good if it was recommended by one of the knowledgeable members of this forum but the customer service is terrible. I ordered 15ft which took them 1 full week to ship but I am not in a rush so it’s fine. I received an email asking for my credit card number so I called instead just because I did not want my credit card number on an email. First time a reputable business ask me for a cc number through email, I found that strange. 3 days after I provided my cc No., I was charged for an amount higher than initially quoted; $10 more without explanation. Emailed the guy about the extra charge and never got back to me. It is not the end of the world but left pretty upset with the customer service received. Not even the Chinese provide such a crappy service. Paid $40 for the cable and $25 for shipping within Canada within the same Province. Where the average shipping cost is $10 max from other businesses for a package in similar size. Ended up paying close to CAD$100 for 15 ft; not what I had in mind but is over with.
    I was in the process of buying from them as well, but the escalating problems I was experiencing made me stop and rethinking about where to get my cable. $100 for 15' of cable is NOT what I had in mind either...
    They also don't take PayPal which is a real problem for people not wanting to put out their credit cards on the internet.
    Here was their response when I asked about shipping and PayPal:

----------------------------
    Hi Ray,

We do not quote shipping
    I do not believe we accept paypal
    The CF6-15-04 is 16AWG, 4 conductor shielded cable (600V nominal voltage)
    Nathan Santos
    ECS Technical Inside Sales
    igus® Inc.

I guess the shipping needs to be a SURPRISE! as it was for you.
    Even my limited interaction with them to get this order completed was a bad experience. They really need to work on the way they sell on the internet!

Did you check McMaster-Carr? Their service is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by davida1234 View Post
    Did you check McMaster-Carr? Their service is very good.
    I've bought from McMaster-Carr many times in the past and they are very EASY to deal with.
    Not sure if they sell this cable though.

I did not do my research on similar product suppliers. Hopefully this post serve as information to others and get their cables from a different source. Will definitely check out McMaster-Carr or Automation Direct in the future.

Did you buy it Direct as I suggested 15ft would of been 39.75 plus tax and Shipping can not be anywhere near $100
    Mactec54

"Paid $40 for the cable and $25 for shipping within Canada within the same Province. Where the average shipping cost is $10 max from other businesses for a package in similar size. Ended up paying close to CAD$100 for 15 ft; not what I had in mind but is over with"

Did you buy it Direct as I suggested 15ft would of been 39.75 plus tax and Shipping can not be anywhere near $100

$40 is pretty close to $39.75 in my accounting anyway. .
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by allaces View Post
    I was in the process of buying from them as well, but the escalating problems I was experiencing made me stop and rethinking about where to get my cable. $100 for 15' of cable is NOT what I had in mind either...
    They also don't take PayPal which is a real problem for people not wanting to put out their credit cards on the internet.
    Here was their response when I asked about shipping and PayPal:

Hi Ray,

We do not quote shipping
    I do not believe we accept paypal
    The CF6-15-04 is 16AWG, 4 conductor shielded cable (600V nominal voltage)
    Nathan Santos
    ECS Technical Inside Sales
    igus® Inc.

I guess the shipping needs to be a SURPRISE! as it was for you.
    Even my limited interaction with them to get this order completed was a bad experience. They really need to work on the way they sell on the internet!
    It should take around 2 minutes max Customer service place your order CF6-15-05 20Feet Shipping information credit card information done Just the same as buying form anyone else if you have not brought from them before

It costs $2-65 per Foot so you can work out your price from that, it's right on there web site, I deal with them all the time I use my own shipping account so is just a regular FedEx charge for shipping
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    "Paid $40 for the cable and $25 for shipping within Canada within the same Province. Where the average shipping cost is $10 max from other businesses for a package in similar size. Ended up paying close to CAD$100 for 15 ft; not what I had in mind but is over with"

$40 is pretty close to $39.75 in my accounting anyway. .
    But it is a long way from a $100 and less than you payed for Chinese Cable for German quality Cable
    Mactec54

This is what I ordered UL listed motor supply cable rated 90 C >

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...%22Shielded%22

I ordered just enough to make the $49 free shipping, so it was only 21 feet. Came to $50.82 US.corrected

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    It should take around 2 minutes max Customer service place your order CF6-15-05 20Feet Shipping information credit card information done Just the same as buying form anyone else if you have not brought from them before

It costs $2-65 per Foot so you can work out your price from that, it's right on there web site, I deal with them all the time I use my own shipping account so is just a regular FedEx charge for shipping
    You need to take into account that Phil_Par and myself are located in Canada.
    The currency exchange and shipping is what drives the price up.

They could have "easily provided the shipping costs" in the email to me as as they do over the phone, but instead they replied "We do not quote shipping"

As I said... "shipping needs to be a SURPRISE!"

I'm sure Phil_Par would not have bought from them either, if he had known the total beforehand.

This is what I ordered > https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...e/cf31-25-04-1

I ordered just enough to make the $49 free shipping, not the 20 feet I said above! Yes its the 14 gauge stuff.
    That's good cable if that is what you used it is made By IGUS sold by automation direct, but more expensive than the one I quote I only use that cable on industrial installs where they can afford to pay the extra per foot, it's unneeded for Hobby users
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    But it is a long way from a $100 and less than you payed for Chinese Cable for German quality Cable
    What are you talking about?? That is not my post.

FYI I paid less than $50.84 for the exact same spec'd cable, same brand and six more feet!! corrected

You need to take into account that Phil_Par and myself are located in Canada.
    The currency exchange and shipping is what drives the price up.

They could have "easily provided the shipping costs" in the email to me as as they do over the phone, but instead they replied "We do not quote shipping"

As I said... "shipping needs to be a SURPRISE!"

I'm sure Phil_Par would not have bought from them either, if he had known the total beforehand.
    So why do you not buy it from IGUS in Canada they are in most countries around the world and have retail sales in most city's

They have a standard UPS $12.65 for US shipping Depending on what service you use in Canada would be a standard price
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canada Contact.PNG  
    Mactec54

Phil_Par said he did (same Province)

I was given a price before give them the payment info. They initially invoice me $15 for shipping but bill and charged me $25 for shipping.

I was given a price before give them the payment info. They initially invoice me $15 for shipping but bill and charged me $25 for shipping.
    Long ways from UPS Flat Rate shipping. Notice its YOUR fault, if would be nice if people took responsibility for what they post online. I was very happy with my order from Automation Direct, they did not get to be that big without doing something right!!

What are you talking about?? That is not my post.

FYI I paid less than $50.84 for the exact same spec'd cable, same brand and six more feet!! corrected
    I think you are on a different planet we where referring to what he said he payed, but it seems he only payed around $65 with the over charged shipping price
    Mactec54

Phil_Par said he did (same Province)
    Just the shipping cost seems to be the problem then which I'm sure they would correct if you contacted customer service
    Mactec54

Page 10 of 14 89101112