586,110 active members*
3,184 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > VF4SS HAAS with rotary stuttering

VF4SS HAAS with rotary stuttering

Good morning,

I'm seeking information on the haas rotary. Milling while spinning the rotary, and while the rotary is spinning the VF4 is reading the lines but stutters or hesitates on each line. wondering why it will not rotate smoothly. Any explenation? Our shop supervisor has contacted HAAS and they dont seem to have an explenation.

Are you running an indexing macro?
    I do not know what type of machine or program you are using. I saw this issue on a 4 axis fanuc years ago when trying to run full 4 axis programs. There was a hesitation on every B output. When I looked in the 9000 programs I found one for controlling B axis increments. It was about 2 pages of code. So, every time it wanted to index, it would have to read 2 pages of code. We deleted the macro and never had another issue.
    It could also be that your indexer needs to be overhauled. Grease, cleaning, bearings, etc.

cad cam its a VF4ss with a brand new Haas HTS210 rotary. we use mastercam 19 to program it but its spitting out the g code for every axis turn for the feed rate we wanted to run the 1/2 carbide mill. so every line the machine reads the A axis is turning around half a degree.

cad cam its a VF4ss with a brand new Haas HTS210 rotary. we use mastercam 19 to program it but its spitting out the g code for every axis turn for the feed rate we wanted to run the 1/2 carbide mill. so every line the machine reads the A axis is turning around half a degree.

Can you post a sample of your code?