A lot of the problems I have that eat time are related to trying to tell mastercam where the tool could get into the cut for the more complex operations. Dynamic here wouldn't build a path. I'm in mill turn and just posted a Y axis face op, and this operation is using the same planes combo as that, so I'm pretty sure this isn't a planes issue- Mill-turn is supposed to be immune to planes issues also and it's pretty good at that. I spent 45 minutes last night, I'm here Saturday and I just blew an hour and I'm giving up on that operation now.

The Dynamic operation won't let me pick the stock operation, because it doesn't display it in the dialogue here. I just don't understand why Mastercam would NOT want the software in lathe or mill turn to talk to mill stock automatically, because it should just know there is a giant whole in the middle of the part that is 11.5 times the diameter of the end mill I wanted to drop in there- because I cut that hole in this program higher in the tree. It seems like most of the dynamic mill problems are not bad code posting, but are just no code posting at all, which is a harder problem to work with. I wish the tool would just post something a lot of the time. You get into an hour and a half and you say, "geeze I'm going to pour so much human time at this that whatever I save will be pointless." Dynamic Optirough isn't applicable here because it does stepdowns and step ups which are unnecessary here. I needed to get in, cut that and get out as fast as possible. That's the deal most of the time.

Every year for 3 years I've been hoping for Mastercam to become stock aware without the customer doing cartwheels and standing on their head for it when they need it, and it just keeps not happening. The dynamic tools are great when they work, and they are absolutely horrible when they don't because you've seen them work so you (or in this case I) spend way too much time trying to resolve an unresolvable dynamic operation typically.