586,121 active members*
3,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > Probably the smallest 3 axis controller???
Page 2 of 4 1234
    Can you check your zip file :
    The hex file is corrupt or will not unzip properly:
    Only 1 line of code:

kym

hello 666
    Can I use a flash based chip for this? On the microchip website I find the 12c508a is more expensive than the 12F508 and the 12F509. The 12F508 is the chip showing as a replacement for the 12C508A. The 12F509 has more memory (1.5Kb) as opposed to the 0.75Kb for the 12X508 types. Is the source code avalible for this? Is there any switch debounce in this program? What is the pin assignment on the chip that you are using for the direction, step and the outputs? If the board layout is avalible in an editable format, I would like to start with that. I think I will make a board for each axis so I can expand at will (or use in a non CNC application with some program changes).
    Thank you
    Kc8kzn

P.S. Kowell you might want to try that download again i got the full file.

Peoble report that the hex code is corrupt.

You can get the corrected code at www.pminmo.com Phil´s page...

It works as it´s supposed to.

I don´t know if the code works for the F-version PIC´s, but you could try it and return with the results.

Unfortunately i don´t own any F´s just 12C508A´s...

About the source for the board...

All peoble use Eagle, but i happen to own a license for WinQCAD.

If you want the sourcefiles i´ll gladly mail them to you.

Contact me at [email protected] in case you want the files.

Note! I did make a single axis board also, but didn´t think peoble wanted it.

If there´s a demand i´ll upload it.

Yep ,seems to be a problem there somewhere, may be the software
    you are using > is different
    Can open the code in notepad OK! as downloaded

But will not open in IC PROG or WINPIC Properly
    only opens 1 line of code

Kym

Hi,
    I made the driver. No problem with pic files. Used IC Prog. This was my first soldering and pic programming expirience. But now I have problem with wiring - do not know where connect motors. I have 6 wire motors so I need A+, A-, COM_A, COM_B, B+ and B-. From shematic I am guessing that A+,A-,B+ and B- are 4,5,6,7; 9,10,11,12 and 14,15,16,17 on J1 connector, but where then are COM_A i COM_B? Also, do I connect PS to 1 and 2 on J1?

Thank you.

Hello!,

Somebody translate firmware pic12c508 to pic12f629.

I´m sorry my English.

Thanks.

If I'm reading you pinouts correct, an e-stop, limit, and/or home switched would connect to pins 18-24?

hy I would like to do a similar project with an ATMEGA168 instead of the pic can you give me the source code please ( I have sent you a email)

sorry for me english

thanks

Question confusing..

On Pminmo site, the hex file size is 5kb.
    On this site, the hex file is 1kb.
    5kb file seems to be motorola hex
    1kb file seems to be intel hex.
    Which one is right?
    It looks like it is the same as the U2 chip. Am I right?
    Please point it out.
    Thanks,
    DL.

I can't speak to the file here, but Alexander verified the one on my site after people had trouble with this file.
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

Hello. This is my first cnc driver board project. I finished it and i used IRLZ44N , is this ok? Im waiting my friend to program this pic's and then try to run some motors. My question is, i have 3.3v 0.15A psu from old canon printer , is this ok choice for board power (pin1,2) ? Can i put only one motor on board for test purpose without some risk? One more question (and last ) , after reading 12345 pages of teorry about current limit etc im still bit confused. Lets say i have 24V 10AMP PSU and i want to run my motor @ 24V 3amp , what formula to use to get current limit resistor and what kind of resistor to use? Best regard.

moderators plz delete this one ...

Quote Originally Posted by slayernn View Post
    Hello. This is my first cnc driver board project. I finished it and i used IRLZ44N , is this ok? Im waiting my friend to program this pic's and then try to run some motors. My question is, i have 3.3v 0.15A psu from old canon printer , is this ok choice for board power (pin1,2) ? Can i put only one motor on board for test purpose without some risk? One more question (and last ) , after reading 12345 pages of teorry about current limit etc im still bit confused. Lets say i have 24V 10AMP PSU and i want to run my motor @ 24V 3amp , what formula to use to get current limit resistor and what kind of resistor to use? Best regard.
    IRLZ44's are fine. The 3.3V is iffy, but probably would work. The PIC should be ok, but driving the mosfets becomes more of an issue. Since the firmware is wavedrive, only one phase is on at a time. So in simple terms the resistor is power supply voltage (24V your case) minus motor coil voltage divided by the current required (3A). So you need to know your motor coil voltage. Power value for the resistor is current squared (3*3 or 9 in your case)* resistance.

Tnx on reply. I think i understand it now.
    eg: motor 1.4ohm 3amp
    (24-1.4) / 3 = 7.5
    (3x3)x1.4 = 12.6 W
    so i use 7.5ohm resistor with ~15W to be safe?
    is it posible to use light bulb instead of power resistor and if , whats calculation? Big thnx again!

Quote Originally Posted by slayernn View Post
    Tnx on reply. I think i understand it now.
    eg: motor 1.4ohm 3amp
    (24-1.4) / 3 = 7.5
    (3x3)x1.4 = 12.6 W
    so i use 7.5ohm resistor with ~15W to be safe?
    is it posible to use light bulb instead of power resistor and if , whats calculation? Big thnx again!
    If your motors are 1.4 ohm and 3A, the coil voltage is 4.2V. So 24-4.2 = 19.8 divided by 3 = 6.6 ohms. (3*3) * 6.6 = 59.4 watts.

troubleee! I build this project and i burned irlz from x and y axis! Let me explain . I connect 24v 0.8a motor and for PS i used same rated as motor (24v 0.8a from old printer) and 3.3V for pic's. I connected it to LTP and power it up and after i try to step from mach , motor get one step forward and one step backward and Irlz44n get extremely hot and die... after i burn "x" axis i tried to do same with "y" with same motor and PS and i got same result Can some1 help me and tell me what did i do wrong?? And btw measured board with ohm meter to check if all components are good connected etc and its all ok.

What did you use for current limiting, a resistor a linear limiter? If you didn't put in some current limit method, yes you would burn up the mosfets.

I didnt use a current limiter cus 0.8A is max PS output same as motor. Heh.. its must be my big lack of knowlege.. Im gona try to put a new irlz44N. What resistor to put in? And btw which is easyest program to test motor? I have pci lpt addon card that is not same I/O range like option in kcam port setup ,and on other hand "mach" look's to hard for me and for this motor test purpose. And tnx for all your answers pminmo.

Page 2 of 4 1234