Hello all.

I have been lurking around a while, but am getting very serious about building an entry level, 3 axis CNC router w/tool changer for the woodworking industry. I have been doing a lot of reasearch on the mechanics and overall construction and have decided on most mechanical components. I need help on the software and hardware end of the electronics. I have a few questions to pose:

1) Which titles of software are windows based and will facilitate the use of automation direct's sure servo line of servo's and drives?

2) which software titles from the above question will support automatic tool change capabilities? (I do not want to use an onboard carosel or similar. Just a fixed position of tools waiting in a bank of tool holders at either the side or the end of the machine)

3) and which software titles from the above 2 questions is the most easy to use, has the most features, and has a good visual impact?

I want to build a low cost machine but use more robust components like servo's, THK style bearings/guide rails, ballscrews, etc. I have that end of the design pretty much worked out to be robust but also very cost effective. But the features I need to focus on now is the control sotware, positioning motors, and the ability to perform an automatic tool change from a fixed position tool changer.

Any help you all can provide would be great!
Thanks!!