I've had three drives melt down with open circuit problems. This doesn't quite say it all because by the time I had only one drive left I realized that there was a problem with only one motor and I only needed two axes to run the lathe. That last drive burned one axis at a time till three were gone. Grand total of 5 times I thought I had this fixed.

Fast forward to geckos and new bi-polar motors. Spent several days carefully putting the new drives in the case with xformer and setting motors up and turned on the juice. Nothing!
Went over every thing several times and each time I tried, nothing.

Then suddenly a flash of realization! With the difference of colors between the cable and colors of the motor wires, I had made a mistake. There was an open circuit! I said a flash of realization, not fire and smoke. The 203v's are just fine, thank you very much! The extra money paid for ready assembly and vampire features paid off very nicely.

Unless you are one of those folks who never losses track of any tiny detail, I recommend these drives without reservation.

I have only one minor hitch to iron out, when my lathe starts threading the z axis motor makes a hell of a racket and I ju know it's gotta be missing steps. There is a simple answer some where, I just gotta find it while I still have some hair!!

John Bradford