586,693 active members*
2,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Does anyone have any experience with this eBay CNC?
Page 1 of 2 12

Does anyone have any experience with this eBay CNC?

Hi,
    I was browsing around eBay for CNC stuff, and I saw this full-sized router, which I've never seen anywhere else:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4X8-PROFESSIONAL...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like a well-built machine and it's a good price, but I'm just wondering if anyone has actually seen one of these and if it's really as good as it looks. It looks to me like someone trying to get started in the CNC market and using eBay to get established.

It looks good, and seems to have a very low price for a steel machine. I like the fact that it comes with a real spindle.

I could not tell if it was driven by steppers or servos. You would probably want to go servos.

What is the controller software that comes with it? I would hope that you could use mach3 to drive this thing. They must be ashamed to admit it.

To many unknowns. You should call them up.

does look nice , though looking at the pictures there are two different machines judging by the gantry ??? what exactly is a guy buying

Visit the sellers business before spending serious money on ebay.
    Wayne Hill

This router is listed as "READY TO SHIP", then in the main listing they say it will be shipped in about 30 days. Which is it?? They are using R&P drive for the X & Y movement, not bad, but certainly not as accurate as ball screw. This unit looks to me like the ones shipping out of China. But what isn't these days?

they claim to be located in N.E. United States. If that is the case it would be worth while to make a trip there to inspect and test the router.

Caveat Emptor!

I noticed on the listing that it uses Mach3 as the controller software, which is very good. As for steppers/servos, I couldn't find anything on that -- guess I'll ask the seller. I'm guessing it's probably steppers for the price they're asking.

I'm guessing this wouldn't take 30 days to ship as the description says "Unless noted as being an instock item your new router will be build to order.....". At the top of the listing they say it's in stock.

One question I have for everyone though:
    This has an aluminum T-slot table, but what I really want is a vacuum table which I can hook up to a couple of Fein III Shop-Vacs(idea I got from browsing the ShopBot forums.) How exactly would one go about that with the aluminum table there?

Thats a Chinese machine, I looked at buying one before. You can actually get it for about half that price!

I really like how they are comparing it to hobby MDF machines

I gave him a call about a week a go. I said I was going to Eastec and would be in his area. I wanted to drop by and take a look at his machines. NO machines he said he just sold everyone. I asked hin who he sold them to , I could give them a call and see if they liked them. He does not give out customes names. A total SCAM>>

I just set one of these up for a guy in Riverside last week. Its a Chinese import, it works as described in the ads pretty much. The control interface is a serial card installed in the a PC running proprietary software. The drives accept step & dir. inputs from an indexer (it would have to be re-wired to work with MachX). It is a heavy machine, and seemed to be a decent machine for the price. What do you want to know? It is not a scam.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

When someone sells these things, you would think they would give you the name of the people they sold them to. ??

would you like to have ebay buyers calling your home ?

In fact I am selling one thing on e-bay now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8783&rd=1&rd=1
    I ALWAYS put my number in I have nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers95 View Post
    In fact I am selling one thing on e-bay now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8783&rd=1&rd=1
    I ALWAYS put my number in I have nothing to hide.
    its different to put your number when your selling something than when you've bought somthing as you are suggesting the seller should give out peoples private information ,
    if a seller of any kind gave my number and adress to anyone without my permission i would knock his head off , it s not because i've got anything to hide i just dont need idiots bothering me

Even if the guy were legit, the machine is a piece of crap.

Luck has it that the guy is a piece of crap too. Wonderful!

Note to all: never buy a CNC machine made in China. The work you get out of it will look like it was made in China as well.

I talked with the people that bought the machine I set up last week and they said it was running good and they were using it with satisfactory results, just cutting foam and MDF for signs. It is definitely not a $100,000 American, Japanese or European machine but what can be expected for $12,000?

Does anyone else sell these? Where and how much?
    Where can I find one for "half the price"?

I cant comment on the "guy" at this point, I am trying to find out more. (Please elaborate, Zumba, if you can.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumba View Post
    Even if the guy were legit, the machine is a piece of crap.

Luck has it that the guy is a piece of crap too. Wonderful!

Note to all: never buy a CNC machine made in China. The work you get out of it will look like it was made in China as well.
    If it weren't for Chinese crap allot of us couldn't play this game at all! It would be great to get one without the electronics, but I doubt they are available that way. I think it would be a decent machine if set-up with servo's and Mach3, although the way it came it did work.

Don't get me wrong, I am not recommending that anyone should buy one, I dont know anything about the seller or what the thing is worth, I just thought the machine seemed to be adequate for sign work.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You'd spend 12 grand on that POS just because it has a sturdy-looking table attached to it? Have you ever used an engine crane? Did you notice that the steel tubing on the engine crane was significantly softer than the A500 tube you buy from your local steel supplier?

If you're on a budget, get a Shopbot. You don't really think the ebay machine would perform significantly better, do you? The resale value would suck, and your only tech support would be CNCzone.

As for "If it weren't for Chinese crap allot of us couldn't play this game at all!", that's not a fair argument. I buy Chinese crap when I have to. Often times it's more than adequate. But a lot can go wrong with a 3-axis CNC machine. This guy's photos are all messed up, his ebay description is a huge gimmick, and it seems like he can't get his story straight. Chinese crap being the only solution does not apply to this situation.

It's a good looking machine, Maybe work ok "for a while" and the best of this machine is the customer support "NONE"

In my opinion I DON'T put my money on a ghost company and more on Chinese crap.

I would be suspicious of that machine. It looks like a scam. The seller has no record of ever selling one and there is no reputable manufacturer backing it up. If you are trying to same money you should look at a used cnc router from a reputable manufacturer.

I asked this guy a lot of questions which he answered...mostly half heartedly. When I asked if he gave plant tours...got no answer. I asked for info on the company...Vortex Automation which he claims his company bought out. He calls his company Tribal Marketing. There is no listing or info on either one of these companies anywhere. After asking some key questions, he started to clam up and actually told me I would probably be better off going with another manufacturer. He claims to be in New Hampshire but has no product to show. I could go on and on, but basically, I spent a week back and forth with this guy. He sounds like the middleman on an import/export deal if he's actually selling the machines at all. I didn't feel good about the guy. Too shady!

Page 1 of 2 12