586,103 active members*
2,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Mb1/Mach3 retrofit

Hurco Mb1/Mach3 retrofit

My ultimax II controlled Mb1 has gotten really expensive to keep running these days, especially for a hobby machine. It is in need of a retrofit and I have a few questions.
    1- Utilizing a pc and Mach 3 software how do I interface to the servo drives? Do I need some kind of step & direction to analog signal convertor? I'd like to keep the original hurco max 400 drives if possible.

2- Will the VFD a mitsubishi freqrol z200 be compatible as well? What about the spindle brake?

3- What is a good source for the breakout boards and all misc. hardware that I will need?

4- Encoders..What do they do? Do I need any??

This will be my first retrofit so I have and will be searching here for as much info. as I can find on this subject. Has anyone here done this with an MB1?

Thanks in advance.

hello silvio what you need is a convertor step / dir to + /-10 vdc I can provide them. hablas español?

Hurco MX-400 Amplifier USED

Quote Originally Posted by mariolizano View Post
    hello silvio what you need is a convertor step / dir to + /-10 vdc I can provide them. hablas español?

Hello, anyone know where i can buy the Hurco MX-400 amplifiers in used condition for a good price?

Let me know

MLD
    email: [email protected]

Hurco MAX-400 Amplifier USED

Quote Originally Posted by mariolizano View Post

Hello,

Anyone know where i can purchase Hurco MAX-400 Amplifiers USED for a good price.

Let me know

MLD
    email: [email protected]

Look at EMC2 with the Mesa 5i20 and 7i33 cards. I'm putting the final touches on a SM-1.

Donnie

Do not buy Hurco MAX400 amps. You are way better off replacing them with something else. I suggest Servo Dynamics.

Buddy
    www.amtsinc.com

EMC2 is run on a Linux computer and is a closed loop system(good). This takes some time to do but is a much better system than Mach3 which is open loop(bad). The Mach3 is much easier to do though but EMC2 is worth the trouble.

Buddy

hurco

My 2 cents, what ever Hurco uses, USE SOMETHING ELSE! They have to be the most trouble prone machines i've ever worked on !

what servo dynamics amp replaces the hurco max-400 AMP? where can i get them used or new and what is the cost can someone email me an ebay link or a website of where i can buy one used? how much do they normally run for $$

MLD

[email protected]

hello,
    anyone know where i can buy the Hurco MB1 software on digital tape mc60?
    It is running like that ant i don't want to much expenses.