Hi, all;

I've been fully switching my workflow to use my VM16F after weaning myself off the knee mill I've had.

After learning the machine, I'm wondering what effect upgrading the spindle VFD has... I think Sportybob here has an upgrade to a Hitachi WJ200 VFD suggested, and I like that particular model. Has anyone done this, and does it improve the ability to use larger diameter tools, or rigid tapping? I've noticed a distinct lack of torque at slower speeds.

Since I don't think I've seen the question asked anywhere, is it possible to change out the spindle cartridge for a 10,000 rpm unit? Just wondering, not too serious about this at the moment.

I'm considering upgrading from the Centurion 6 to the modern linux based control system - can anyone tell me if the functions supporting a touch probe beyond just the basic "move until touch" stuff is in there?
I'd like to get the ability to auto rotate the coordinate system to correct for a non level part. Is there a probe screen that lets you locate the center of a hole for setting coordinate origin?

I read here that Sportybob can supply replacement way wipers, so I'll likely pursue that, too. Related to this, does anyone have a good solution for making the X axis sliding covers for the ball screws, the ones with the spring tensioning, work better? Mine get jammed whenever a chip or three makes its way into the joint.

I'm using flood coolant a lot (from a DIY tank), specifically Extremecut 251c, does anyone have any suggestions for things to watch out for, like coolant getting into the space for the limit switches and ball screws? It's not forming a pool or anything, but the way covers are far from water tight at the moment. The enclosure mostly contains the stuff, although I don't have a chip auger, so I end up hand cleaning the filters a lot.

Thanks for any experiences anyone can provide... now that I've learned the machine, I'm quite happy with it and want to see how far I can take it.

Erik