586,102 active members*
2,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Going into additive vs subtractive manufacturing...

Going into additive vs subtractive manufacturing...

...received my 3D printer yesterday. Tronxy P803E...onsale at 3Dprintersonlinestore for $160. Gotta learn to think additive rather than subtractive...LOL.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190328_181141scaled.jpg  

Re: Going into additive vs subtractive manufacturing...

Best of luck with that 3D printer! Talk about a low price, that is a huge surprise to me.

As for additive think lost wax casting, with the right filament you can accomplish the same sort of pattern making. Next thing you will be melting copper and alloys just like they did in the Bronze Age. Or go modern and do aluminum.

Re: Going into additive vs subtractive manufacturing...

Now that's an idea!!!!

I actually have the printer together now and am going through leveling the bed to the frame. I may be able to do a first print tonight...a 40mm cube for testing. My first big 3D print project will be dust collection for the CNC machine!

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Best of luck with that 3D printer! Talk about a low price, that is a huge surprise to me.

As for additive think lost wax casting, with the right filament you can accomplish the same sort of pattern making. Next thing you will be melting copper and alloys just like they did in the Bronze Age. Or go modern and do aluminum.