586,406 active members*
2,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > please, how to keep the spindle running, even if program ended ? same for /, M01 ...

please, how to keep the spindle running, even if program ended ? same for /, M01 ...

hello please, how to keep the spindle running, even if program ended ?also during /, M00, M01, etc ...

i tried these, power off-on, but no luck :

Code:
       user para \ chuck
         12 chuck interlock effective                   checked ( default = not checked )

user para \ 1st spindle
          3 no spindle stop with m00/m01/m02/m30        checked ( default = not checked )

sys  para \ 1st spindle
          3 s command cancel by m02/m30             not checked ( default =     checked )
    kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: please, how to keep the spindle running, even if program ended ? same for /, M01

Let's start with a question. Why do you want the spindle to keep running when the part is done?

Re: please, how to keep the spindle running, even if program ended ? same for /, M01

hello ted i wish, for example, to keep the spindle running between programs stored in sdf files ...

The second one you list user 3 is correct for left. There is another one for right.

Of course the program cannot have m5 before the end.

Try again from MDI.

M3 S100
    M2

Spindle will keep running with bit on.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

What would then happen upon door opening ?

If spindle doesn't stop.... & someone is injured....then you, your company or both would be liable to major lawsuit because a safety feature has been disabled/bypassed.

Door catch will not release until spindle is stopped. Reset may be the only way to stop it.... thus.... issues with finding restart point, lost time, operator errors, etc

IMO the time lost, when operator intervention occurs, is not worth hassle when implementing this "no spindle stopping" process. Time required to restart spindle after a tip or cutter inspection is instantly lost time & so... lost €$.

The "no stop process" would never be a feazable method that that may gain time, but would cost you money in the long term.

hello mr Wizard i tried in MDI, also i checked/unchecked a few times, but nothing happend ... like those parameters are not there

after that, i went again to test the sdf, made a simple-short program, and i noticed that actually, the spindle does not stop ... it only appears that it is stopping, becuase there is a lag between finishing the actual program, and loading + starting the next program ... during this lag, rpm drops:
    ... if last rpm was low, and next program is big ( thus loads slows ), then spindle may actually stop
    ... if last rpm was high, and next program is little ( thus loads fast ), then spindle drops only a few hundreds ( eg 2000 - 1200 etc )

however, spindle stopped durring / M00 M01

after that, i switched from sdf+pselect to min+call, and obviosly, there was no lag / kindly

What would then happen upon door opening ? Door catch will not release until spindle is stopped
    hy super, yup, doors open only when the spindle is stopped, so is ok so far

Reset may be the only way to stop it
    after code execution stops, spindle(s) may be stopped by the operator, before opening the door

this " no spindle stopping " process
    if there is a normal program, then " no spindle stopping " makes no sense, since the program may be looped inside, so to never reach the end

leaving the spindle always on, makes sense, in cases like:
    ... using sdf files
    ... programs with "/" bar feeder soubroutines, that can not be looped normally, because stock length size varies, etc ...

Time required to restart spindle after a tip or cutter inspection is instantly lost time & so... lost €$
    maybe there is a process so stable, that operator intervention is like at the zoo : let's open the doors, because i forgot what is going on inside something like changing 1 cutting edge at 1-2 shifts

well, actually there are some problems, but not related to "spindle always on" .... and, of course, my key-locks are removed / kindly