So I have a pro 4896 with a custom vacuum table with t-slots running around the outside plus through the center of both axis.

I do a lot of routing on rough cut slabs that are typically around 20" wide so I can normally reach the slab with the t-slot clamps but this time my chainsaw guy brought me some smaller pieces (between 7.5" &12") but my problem was how am I going to hi- old them down? I refuse to screw into my spoil board because of the vacuum table.

So what I ended up coming up with was screwing 1/2" MDF to the bottom of the slabs. Attachment 416868
It took a little bit to get it squared up being they are live edge but it works great with the extra 1/2" I was able to set my cut depth to an extra 1/8" so I was sure I was going to route the whole way through the wood.

I route these then my chainsaw buddy roughs them up with the chainsaw & burns them to seal them. These are the first 4 I made more to come. Attachment 416870 The only thing I'll change is I will probably do pocket cuts especially for the 2" thick pieces because when the pieces get cut away they make a very loud noise bouncing around in the hole. I also cut these with a 3/8" bit the next time I'll use my1/2" bit so I can take deeper passes.

Thanks for looking
Gary