I am having a little trouble getting my spindle to start moving with my Huanyang GT series VFD and I just get an OC1 overcurrent protection error when I press Run. I was hoping that someone who is familiar with these units could point me in the right direction...

I got this unit a year ago and at the time, I input all the parameters and went through the set-up / auto tune process. It seemed to work as intended. The spindle was spinning during the auto tune and it completed the process as described in the book. Then I put my my CNC project on hold for a year. I tried turning it on today but I can't get any movement.

The VFD turns on ok with no error messages but when I turn the potentiometer the "trip" light comes on immediately with the "OC1" error.

First, how long do these units store settings? I.e. Do I need to factory reset, restart everything and go through the auto tune again? Or do the settings stay saved once the initial install process is complete?

What else should I check to see why it is not working and is there anything I can try to prevent the overload fault?

I'm not sure if it matters for this question but just in case, It is a 7.5kw GT series rated for 220v 1ph in, 3ph out. The circuit is 60 amp and the spindle is a 5.5kw 220v 3ph 19a 400hz / 24000 rpm 2 pole.