586,119 active members*
3,454 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Would you like to cnc a dedicated auction site?

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a CNC auction website?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

117 92.13%
  • NO

10 7.87%
Page 1 of 3 123

Would you like to cnc a dedicated auction site?

Would you like to see a dedicated CNC auction website?

http://cncauction.com is open!

HI Paul,

Can you expound on that question a little? CNC services, machines, parts???

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Yes a site just for cnc, machines, electronics, motors etc

In that case I vote yes. A central site for cnc related parts, complete machines, controllers would be great.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

The new site is under construction but here is the url- http://cncauction.com

It semms interesting
    Contact Jinan G.Weike Science&Tech to find suitable laser engraver/cutter/CNC router

Paul,

I think this is a good idea, I've been thinking about asking you to start some type of store front, here on cnczone.

Do you plan on keeping the Classifieds here?

I think I will keep the classifieds here for a little while, the new site will be free for the first 6-12 month, than it will have fees, but will be 3/4" less than ebay.

That sound like a great idea Paul.
    Beats having to sift through Ebay

I think an auction site would be great, especially if it had a side bar for parts needed/wanted. I have bunches of parts I've won on fleabay over the past couple of years and would like to think they will be of benefit to someone. Right now they are just sitting on a shelf in my shop. But, maybe I'll list them on auction!
    Thanks Paul for a wonderful site.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

What is nice is that everyone will have to re-register and that means better security as you will have to provide your address and payment method.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a dedicated site.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Congrats, Nice idea. I would like to see the site fully grown and accessiable to all members of the hobby community. I would also like to have a thread for really serious persons for commercially building the ideas shared as CNC is just at the begining in the third world countries and should have easy access and low cost high end machinery for a better world.

Knowledge shared is knowledge gained....... Pls help every one.

I would like it, especially IF it fixes some of the things I hate about Ebay.

1) The capability for memebers to discuss the items publicly while the auction is active. This is a BIG one!!!!!!

2) Feedback that is too limited in length and doesn't allow the text space to fully convey why you're giving a negative rating.
    3) Prompt resolution of rip-offs
    4) Brutally run by an administrator that has no mercy on shysters or people making false claims about "NEW" items. (i.e. A strictly defined criteria of what NEW means such as .... if its not in the original sealed wrapper and with part number sticker attached then it isn't NEW. ) (maybe have to have 3 categories of use such as NEW, Maybe New, and used). Take it from someone who regularly asks Ebay sellers why a bare unwrapped item is marked new and getting the most ridiculous answers (such as... someone told me it was, it kinda looks new, it's not dirty, it feels good)
    5) the ability to get auto-notices on only NEW items
    6) Administrators that ruthlessly punish retalitory neg ratings
    7) Ability to filter in/out overseas sellers from my search results
    8) Embedded link to their Ebay rating if they have one (me thinks Ebay may have an issue with that)

Of coarse if you did all this the power would be more even between buyers and sellers and therefore all potential sellers may stick with Ebay where they have much more advantages over buyers.

How about "Google Checkout" http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_custom.html instead of "PayPal"?

Note:
    The link has a list of 3rd party developers (right side of screen), & most support PHP.

I can see if that can be included, this site will also let you set-up a store front like on ebay.

Excellent ideal Paul....I have box's of CNC related items that I would love to get rid of. I remember all the auctions I scanned through when I built my machine. It would be nice to have a place to look for specific items without having to sort through all the junk on ebay that use a cnc tagline.

Chuck
    Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    How about "Google Checkout" http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_custom.html instead of "PayPal"?
    Why not both? While a lot of people dislike PayPal, I think it's more convenient for most.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Why not both? While a lot of people dislike PayPal, I think it's more convenient for most.
    The last time I used PayPal, it took them a week to process the transaction (less than $100.00) & I was already registered with them (3 or 4 years ago).

I agree both would be best (PayPal, Google), only because most folks have a PayPal account already. I know If I had an option, I would lean toward Google!

I can see if that can be included, this site will also let you set-up a store front like on ebay.
    Sounds good!

I think your auction site will be a big hit, just like cnczone.
    Thanks, Paul

If we register now, is this just for testing only, or is this going to be the real account?

Also can account info be updated after we register (phone#'s, address, email, etc..)?

Page 1 of 3 123