586,991 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > Need help with g-codes for my CNC mill, I'm new and bad at it any help is appreciated

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The control he is using quite often will not run the G53 so is better off not being in the program a G53 does not move any different than a G0 move

His control will stop for a Tool change T1M6 is fine
    You seem to know what his machine & control is... want to let the rest of us know ? (the question was asked, but not answered)

I did say "some controls".... and if the actual code worked...it is his choice to keep using it, not yours.

I understand you have a lot of experience up your sleeve, but compelling a newbie to do jt to your coding method is not allowing him to develop on his own. There is quite often alternative methods

Re: Need help with g-codes for my CNC mill, I'm new and bad at it any help is appreci

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    You seem to know what his machine & control is... want to let the rest of us know ? (the question was asked, but not answered)

I did say "some controls".... and if the actual code worked...it is his choice to keep using it, not yours.

I understand you have a lot of experience up your sleeve, but compelling a newbie to do jt to your coding method is not allowing him to develop on his own. There is quite often alternative methods

In testing the G53 worked so not a problem to have it in his program,

I'm just guessing like everyone else, but Mach3 I would say is his control a little out of your league, I just run his program through 2 different controls and it will run if he corrects it as I posted

When someone is learning they should start with the basic codes or know what the likes of G53 does, How it needs to be formatted in a line for it to work correct, so a standard G-Code like ( G0 ) is the simplest form of G-Code to know and what it does, Just the 2 letters tell you what it is going to do ( G0 )

Depending on how it is used in Mach3 it will either pass it by and not do that line which is bad, or just stop some of these control just won't run the program from the start if it has a Code that it does not like

You need to have used and installed these controls to make the comments you do
    Mactec54