586,080 active members*
3,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Free Delrin

Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Free Delrin

I have some delrin and I am trying to pack for my upcoming move to Southern Washington.

I have one chunk that came to me as a 12X12X4 inch piece that has a 6X6 chunk cut out of it.

If you want it, all you gotta do is come and get it.

Before you ask, I don’t want to pack it for shipping.

I have more that’s not pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0D71991B-5CF5-4D0F-B439-1163ACA0C0C0.jpg  

Re: Free Delrin

Just my luck you live in another part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalShavings View Post
    Just my luck you live in another part of the country.
    If you want to pay to have it packed and shipped you can have it. There’s more, This is just the biggest one.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    If you want to pay to have it packed and shipped you can have it. There’s more, This is just the biggest one.
    Many thanks for such a kind offer but I was at the Sportsmans Warehouse last night and bought the shell holders that I envisioned making your Delrin into. It would have made excellent material for reloading trays for my 303 British brass, 6.5x55 Swedish brass, 7.5x55 Swiss brass and 223 brass. I hope someone else snaps it up to take it off your hands. I'm afraid I've spent the money to pay any postage. Thanks again.

MetalShavings

Where you moving to Steve?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Where you moving to Steve?
    Either Northern Oregon or Southern Washington. Anywhere out of California.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Anywhere outside of the urban growth boundary of the Portland/Vancouver metro area is not too bad. If you look about 25 miles east or west of I5 it's pretty nice. I'm out in the country, but only about 10-15 minutes from major shopping.

RMLS.comâ?¢ Regional Multiple Listing Service - Home This might be worth a look
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Anywhere outside of the urban growth boundary of the Portland/Vancouver metro area is not too bad. If you look about 25 miles east or west of I5 it's pretty nice. I'm out in the country, but only about 10-15 minutes from major shopping.

RMLS.comâ?¢ Regional Multiple Listing Service - Home This might be worth a look
    We’re also considering Ridgefield, Battle Ground and Salmon Creek areas.

We’re also considering Ridgefield, Battle Ground and Salmon Creek areas.
    Yup, any of those are good. North or east of the main metro area.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

We bought a house last Sunday in Vancouver Washington.

We bought a house last Sunday in Vancouver Washington.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest :cheers:
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Congratulations! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest :cheers:
    Well, I flew up to meet with the inspector yesterday and there’s just too much wrong with the house. It’s gonna take about $200K to make it livable, then I’d have a $600K house in a $400K neighborhood.

I'll PM you about the Delrin.

Delrin is spoken for. It will be gone tomorrow afternoon.

Fair enough. Some of my motors are 4 - 5 kW, and those power levels are rather inefficient on single-phase.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Fair enough. Some of my motors are 4 - 5 kW, and those power levels are rather inefficient on single-phase.

Standard 240VAC outlets in the US are generally rated for 40 Amps continuous, which is 9.6KW. I have 240VAC in 3 rooms of my house; charge car (40A) & electric power washer, Tormach PCNC 1100, and multiple electron microscopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetopan View Post
    Standard 240VAC outlets in the US are generally rated for 40 Amps continuous, which is 9.6KW. I have 240VAC in 3 rooms of my house; charge car (40A) & electric power washer, Tormach PCNC 1100, and multiple electron microscopes.
    Looks to me like you could use solar power.

Looks to me like you could use solar power.
    Not if you actually looked. We live in the city and the house is surrounded by 100+ foot fir trees which occasionally dropped a branch *through* the roof. I fixed that problem by getting an industrial strength (8X stronger than the standard residential version) standing seam roof installed. No more roof leaks but a solar array would not last even a single year with the bombardment. We don't want to lose the trees either.

Standard 240VAC outlets in the US are generally rated for 40 Amps continuous,
    BLIMEY!
    I wonder what the house wiring (behind the outlet) looks like !@#$%

Australian Standards limit a normal 240 VAC outlet to 10 A, with provision for an enhanced socket rated at 15 A. Beyond that we go to 3-phase for efficiency. I would worry about motor inefficiency at 40 A.

The 40 A business explains a few things, like the rather large 3-phase convertors American people keeping talking about. We could not run those here in Oz.

multiple electron microscopes.
    I assume this is humour? I built a scanning electron microscope once, for a thesis, and helped build a 1MeV electron microscope too.

Cheers
    Roger (PhD)

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    I wonder what the house wiring (behind the outlet) looks like !@#$%
    #6 gage wiring is common for those currents. These outlets are not everywhere throughout the houses here, mostly things like electric dryers, electric ovens, and in my case a few other uses including a "bedroom" that is actually my metal shop and the lower floor basement.

multiple electron microscopes.
    I assume this is humour?
    No, I have an ETEC Autoscan SEM and a Zeiss S9A TEM, along with multiple research optical microscopes. The TEM can resolve individual iron atoms. I don't have a photo of the TEM so I included a photo of something quite similar. These are not all that I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails autoscan.gif   Global-Transmission-Electron-Microscope-Market.jpg   blmicroscope3.gif   PIC00004.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12