I bought several thousand dollars of tools from Suncoast tools on Ebay- and one transaction I somehow double purchased. I didn't pay for the item because it was something I didn't need. Suncoast rather than realize this mistake and cancel my order, decided to file a complaint with Ebay to force me to pay for the item I had already bought. That bothered me because they were saying I'm not a good buyer and I am a perfectly normal buyer who pays on instantly for stuff that I buy, which is 99.9% of everything that ever goes into the cart. The situation with Suncoast tools was the first time I had ever double clicked buy it now on an item. I don't even know how it happened.

As a result of the complaint they pushed at me on the double purchase I didn't pay for the additional amount of, I gave then negative feedback- I didn't understand their harassment of me for making a simple and obvious mistake. They then banned me from buying on Ebay.

I didn't understand why they wanted to harass a customer and treat a customer like ****. The whole situation was bs. I've since several times went to purchase **** from Suncoast and they are losing money to be douchebags. It all started with treating a customer like ****, and it continues because they treat customers like **** as a business practice.