Hi,
I was not sure where to put this.

We have a Matsuura H-Plus 630. It is a 2003 machine and has been great so far.
I have had to replace the Fanuc motor drive power supplies after a power surge, but other then that no problems until last week. While running a part, the operator noticed the precision feed control knob was unresponsive. This is VERY bad, we do titanium aerospace parts and we do the parts no other machine shop will touch due to their complexity.

I removed the control panel the precision feed control was on and inspected it, the wiring, and its mount. The rheostat like device was loose, the locking nut that secures it through the front of the panel had just loosened over time. The larger multiplier X feed control was identical and switching them gave the same problem. I then ohm'd and volted out the rheostats, both were identical. After reinstalling the panel, both feed controls worked perfectly. However they started to act up this week, again. For days they will work perfectly, then it will stop.

Now at this point I am assuming its one of two things. The controller for the drive motor, we only replaced 2/4 units after the surge a few months ago. Or the wiring has been compromised, like our HAAS VF-5. I am leaning towards the first one. Or something completely different???

Everything behind the control panel goes into massive insulated cables, that I have NO idea where go . I will check the power supply for error codes.

Has any had something like this happen before?
Thanks!