Hi Guys. I'm the owner of a small manufacturing business that makes Rubber Parts. We use moulds generally made from Mild Steel, P20 or OHNS Steel, and they are compressed to about 2500 PSI in a Hydraulic press to form the final part using pressure and heat.

Sick and tired of the delays (I live in India where excuses are a national pasttime), I decided to take the plunge and have booked a Tormach PCNC 1100M. I've already paid the advance, so there's no going back now. But after spending hours on this forum, I've gotten a little nervous. I couldn't find any information on people who make moulds using a Tormach, and am hoping there's someone out there who can tell me what I need to do to ensure I can cut great moulds. Btw, I'm trying to express learn CAM on Fusion 360 myself so I can do the programming myself.

Some details I think may be helpful are;

a. The deepest my mould cavities can go is about 3 inches (for a silicone cake mould)
b. I don't care if a mould takes me 3 times as long to cut as it would on a HAAS. I understand the Tormach has less power and therefore I can probably have less DOC and WOC's.
c. The smallest cutters I need to use are about 1mm cutters.

I'm a total newbie, and been watching Youtube videos from NY CNC and Titans of CNC, and these guys have these big beasts of machines, I just really hope and pray I've made the right decision by buying the Tormach as right now I don't know what I'll do if it dosen't cut moulds for me.

Can I shout out to any mould makers out there to give me any advice please?

Thank you!

A total CNC Noob.