Hello, first time posting here.
For all of you out there running VMC's and CNC turning centers with single phase residential power, Especially those that have the Phase perfect solid state phase converters.
Have any of you measured the current on the 240V single phase input lines while the machine was operating?
I ask this question because I plan to install a 40hp phase perfect (PT3110) to run a CNC turning center.
The phase perfect literature recommends that the input be fed from a 250A two pole circuit breaker. This is all fine and good, but I am curious as to what the normal
steady state amperage draw would be on my meter while running the cnc as normal. I understand there are many variables to this situation.
(depth of cut, feeds and speeds programmed, multiple axis moving simultaneously, etc.)
Please provide your findings, if any, by stating your CNC's placarded KVA rating, and the measured amperage of your input.

My example would be; 45KVA machine, draws around ____A (measured with an amp clamp between the breaker and Phase perfect) on a typical run turning some 2" 4140 steel parts.

thanks in advance for any help on this.