Hello everyone,

I posted in my greeting that I have an X-winder to make filament wound carbon tubes. Unfortunately the software that is used to operate the G-code does not work so well. The way it works is that it uses Angular positioning to place the fibers adjacent to each other. For reasons I don't know why, the executer sometimes takes awhile to tell the carriage to move when the angular position is detected by the software. This delay is sometimes short or can be a complete second and it causes filament gapping. I want to have neatly wound tubes and so I ask you guys if you can help me in writing my own G-code using number of turns instead of the machine using angular position to obtain a better wound tube. I am unfamiliar with the math for this and would like help in writing some formulas that I can use Excel to aid in quick calculations.

I use Inches as my unites and the carriage moves in in/s, the mandrel in RPMs and rotations in degrees. I also want to stay limited to 4 in/s for the carriage speed and 30 RPMs for the mandrel.

I am looking forward to your help.