586,036 active members*
3,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laguna SS2 Pro/Vcarve making me crazy.

So, the company I work for purchased a new Laguna Smartshop2 Pro 5x10 Router table with the Syntec controller. (not my choice) Got power and air to the machine and started setting everything up. The thumb drive that came with the machine was supposed have all the software, manual etc was blank. Finally got the info from them to register VCarve pro, but there was no flycut program installed on the machine, so I drew one in vcarve and got my spoil board finished on both sides and set up. It's been a couple of years since I used Vcarve and ran a router, so I'm trying to get myself acclimated to it again. Here's my issue: I have used the TTO and stored my tool lengths, I did a touch off on the phenolic did the math and set my 3411 parameter in the machine. After surfacing and setting my spoilboard, I touched off of that, did the math and set me external Z shift in the machine. When I set up any kind of test piece in Vcarve, and load it into my machine, it completely ignores the step cut intervals and plows right down through the material. I have my Z set for the top of the material, and I used calipers so the thickness is entered into Vcarve correctly. I have tried different bits, different material thickness, etc. it's kind of making me crazy. I can post some examples tomorrow when I'm back at work.

I'm just hoping that there's some box I left unticked or something.

Cheers,
    -g

Re: Laguna SS2 Pro/Vcarve making me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by gfirebaugh View Post
    So, the company I work for purchased a new Laguna Smartshop2 Pro 5x10 Router table with the Syntec controller. (not my choice) Got power and air to the machine and started setting everything up. The thumb drive that came with the machine was supposed have all the software, manual etc was blank. Finally got the info from them to register VCarve pro, but there was no flycut program installed on the machine, so I drew one in vcarve and got my spoil board finished on both sides and set up. It's been a couple of years since I used Vcarve and ran a router, so I'm trying to get myself acclimated to it again. Here's my issue: I have used the TTO and stored my tool lengths, I did a touch off on the phenolic did the math and set my 3411 parameter in the machine. After surfacing and setting my spoilboard, I touched off of that, did the math and set me external Z shift in the machine. When I set up any kind of test piece in Vcarve, and load it into my machine, it completely ignores the step cut intervals and plows right down through the material. I have my Z set for the top of the material, and I used calipers so the thickness is entered into Vcarve correctly. I have tried different bits, different material thickness, etc. it's kind of making me crazy. I can post some examples tomorrow when I'm back at work.

I'm just hoping that there's some box I left unticked or something.

Cheers,
    -g
    okkk dear, Give me syntec controller model number & other info at [email protected], lets discuss