I have a 1000 x 1200 mm DIY CNC Built over time with what I could afford along the way. I finally got it running a year ago and started cutting wood and other and it worked well for a beginner. Along the way I had small problems that I just though of as growing pain, when I started this build I was a woodworker with a loaded shop and thought the next tool would be a CNC router.

A few month ago my Inverter crapped out and with the help of this site and many of the great guys here got me through.

Last week I started a new Gcode program and needed to move the gantry closer to change the bit, went fine until I loaded the gcode changed the bit and when I tried to move to zero, no axis would move? I could not get anything to work? I did nothing other than the usual moves to change bit and load gcode, but this time it just STOPPED??

My CNC is running on a dedicated Windows 7 machine with no network connection and no other software loaded but Mach3.
I have NEMA 34 motors for all axis (2 on Y axis) and a 2.2Kw spindle and Inverter (Huanyang) and a DB-25 breakout board .
If I try to start Spindle with Inverter key pad it works, but not from mach3
If I touch the touch-off plate to the endmill I get a conformation on Mach3 Diagnostics page?

I ordered a new breakout board and it will be here tomorrow but I am not sure if that is the problem and so I came here for some help, maybe someone else has had this problem.
Could it be a ground issue? how?
What is the strangest part is I ran it to change bit and then it would not move again?

Thanks

Pat