Quote Originally Posted by islaww View Post
Olfcnc…
I also will have to call you out a bit. I am not a Centroid contractor. I am an independent system builder. Since 2015 I have built systems using UCCNC, ShopBot, WinCNC and Centroid Acorn controllers and have "been approved" in one form or another by the mfgr. I build what customers desire, I have no need to push any brand of controller, unless one has a feature that the others may not. Fact is, that I actually will make a few dollars less on an Acorn system than one running UCCNC simply because the controller costs less.

End of 2017 I stopped using SB controllers, due to comm errors and the fact I could use UCCNC to replace it at a lower cost to my customers. Even tho UCCNC was not as smooth or adjustable as WinCNC, it cost a lot less, so I sell more systems. I didn't drop UCCNC until after I had proven to my self that Centroid Acorn far outperformed UCCNC. It offers me the adjustability to fine tune for smooth motion, equal to that which is offered by WinCNC at a much lower cost.

You seem to make a number of unqualified comparative analyses between Acorn and UCCNC, hardware and software. Have you actually ever purchased and used one? I have. I personally would not judge a controller that I haven't installed on at least a half dozen machines. Routers, mills, lathes and numerous specialty machines.

I can honestly say that after building at least a half dozen UCCNC systems and testing them, reporting bugs, getting assistance from advanced US users and from developer support, that although UCCNC outperforms ShopBot at a lower price, it has no where near the motion control abilities of WinCNC or Centroid Acorn. And if customization is your forte, UCCNC doesn't have anything on WinCNC, with the added bonus that it does not require any programming or script language to customize, or write a macro for that matter.
Yup, ofcourse your opinion is that as you are a Centroid contractor so ofcourse Centroid is the best in your mind, no matter if it has late 80s interface and is no customisable and less features than others. Ofcourse it is the best, because it makes money for you.