Quote Originally Posted by sundewzer View Post
How was the quality on your PM25? I am in the middle of my conversion on the 30MV. The biggest issue was when I moved any of the axis before I tore it down there was a horrible grinding noise from the grease being loaded with sand, I am guessing from the castings. Also I received it half the screws were loose including the largest one holding the column on. I will a little shocked when I was able to remove two of the 4 bolts by hand. All the lead screw except the y axis had powder coat on them along with a couple of the mating surfaces. One of my Z axis bearing was missing a ball. I am just unlucky or do I need to lower my expectations? I know for the price one can't expect perfection but from all the review I read I was expecting a bit better then what I got. I also have a lathe from them inbound on the slow boat and I am a bit concerned. Should I just plan on doing a full tear down on that as well to get everything cleaned up? I know there is no way I would have ran this mill out of the box.

I have everything for my conversion sitting in the corner taunting me. I don't want to cut into the base until I get the conversion kit. David and ArizonaVideo is diligently working on them and I think it should ship this week.
The only issue I had with my PM-25MV was that I had to add 0.004" of shim stock into the bottom front of the column to get the y-axis to tram correctly and the Z-axis square to the table- its not perfect still, but a thou over the travel of the y-axis is good enough for my needs right now. The bolts holding the head weren't super tight, but I had to loosen them for tramming anyway. Other than that, its just cosmetic stuff, but I didn't buy it for the looks..