586,100 active members*
2,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Rutex still in business ?

We want to place order again for Rutex drives R2010.
    Since the Rutex-USA is out of stock, so we contacted Rutex-Australia.
    But up up now, there is no answer to our email.
    We have obtained good support from Tom Rutex-USA, however if they are not in business anymore, we are contemplating of using other brand.

Tom Eldredge

Gentlemen,

Rutex has had its troubles over the past year. I have had difficulties in trying to communicate with the designer and owner of Rutex in Australia. Vladimir has not given me an explanation of why it is and has been so hard to contact him.

However, the manufacturing of at least the R2010 drives has been moved to a new company in Australia which handles the whole process--ordering the components, making the pcb's, stocking and assembling the drives. Thus, Vladimir will be less and less involved with the availability of product, as I understand the new set up. I believe all of the products will eventually be manufactured independently of Vladimir.

In the last two months I have regularly been receiving shipments of the R2010 drives and selling them. I have not received any R2020 (rated 200 v 40 amps) in many months, but I am expecting them.

I have also been told that a shipment of torch height controls (R953's) is scheduled to be shipped to me soon.

So, I would say that Rutex is getting back on line again after some rough times. I don't know whether his problems relate to the health of his parents in Eastern Europe, or what are the issues have been.

Rutex LLC is a totally independent company that I set up to market the Rutex product line in the USA first. I named my company Rutex to indicate my loyalty to Rutex. After one year of supporting the products, I was asked by Vladimir to support customers all over the world, which I continue to do every day. No matter what happens, I plan to support my customers with Rutex products or products that are compatible with the Rutex mother boards etc if anything happens to Rutex.

Tom Eldredge
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Rutex products in stock

Gentlemen,

I thought I should let you know what I have in stock:

R2010 drives, encoder adapters, mother boards, and chasis for the whole set ups. So, you can build complete Rutex servo systems for the smaller servo motors like the servo motors sold on the www.Kelinginc.net web site, router tables, and desktop machining centers.

My experience tells me that these R2010 servo drives will drive motors continuously at around 7 amps. With braking resistors they can drive motors to around 10 amps safely.

They are rated at 100 volts, so you normally spec. a power supply at 80-90 volts to allow for fluctuations in power. A 60 volt secondary of the power transformer works well (60 *1.414) = ~85 volts DC) Try to keep the motor voltage at 90 volts or less.

The R2020 drive specification is an overstatement in my opinion. The specification (20 amp) is related to the MOSFET specification, which in reality must be de-rated significantly in real applications. I do not defend the specification, and explain the reality to every inquirer, but I understand the problem that when others over-rate their drive it makes it difficult to compete if you rate yours more conservatively.

If you are interested in ordering, please contact me by phone at one of these numbers:

573 341 1528
    573 341 1156
    573 368 7399

They all ring at our manufacturing facilities in Missouri. Just ask for Tom.

If I am not there, you can reach me on my cell phone at 573 578 7400. I answer calls every day except between Friday evening and Saturday evening. Please do not try to call me on Saturdays.

A related web site is the www.machmotion.com web site. Here my four sons and I show the other products that we make and cell for the CNC industry. We are increasing and improving our product line daily and our goal is to be one of the leaders in supplying products and systems for the creative CNC and motion control industry that is growing around the MACH control and other PC based controls.

We are putting together complete systems using quality components. Reliability and dependability is more important to us than lowest cost. Very often we recommend other products than the Rutex products if the customer has the same perspective. We also sell "bullet proof" which is modestly more expensive than the Rutex line. Give us a call. You may want to talk to my son, Dave, about their products, or me. I work for him now.

His cell phone number is 573 578 2500, and he works at one of our two shops in Southern Missouri.

Thanks for your continued interest in our products and support.

Tom Eldredge
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Tom,

I have in use some older model Rutex drives but don´t have any 20xx drives.
    Three R90H I use with big motors (yellow cap Fanuc 5 and 10M) with 165VDC 50A power supply whitout any kind of resistors and do not have had any problems so far.
    thats about 1000h machining.

Direct drive Z axis motor is too big, its peak current is 110A and I can use max speed or 1500 mm/min as drives can not supply enough current to have more power.
    I have made housing and pulleys for belt reduction of 1:3 ratio for smaler motor, only waiting new brake to arrive to be able make test if I could have more speed.

But I am litle suprised to hear that new model drives have problems wth big motors.
    As this type drives are hard to find even with higher price I wonder if R90H should still be produced even with higher cost?

Regards Mika