Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
I don't know. I never saw what the actuator was used for before I bought it. I just pulled the servos out and replaced them with steppers. I later bought a Yaskawa servo drive to match the servo motor model. Then they sat in my project box until now.

My hope was that I could run power through the servo drive and run it with just step and direction without hooking up the feedback / closed loop cable. I.e. Run it like a more powerful stepper motor but I don't know if these servos will even run without a feedback loop.

The older Yaskawa drives are a bit of a nightmare to figure out. Every connection uses a custom plug that I don't know the name of, the instructions are terrible (and very long). It's like "here's a copy of War and Peace, the answer is in there somewhere, good luck"... I can just about recognize the power input and output plus the step / direction in. Yaskawa's customer service is somewhere between terrible and non-existent for people like me...
They are not going to run without the encoder connection to the servo drive, you most likely need an 8 wire cable for the encoder cable try Ebay for cables you might get lucky and find one with the correct plug on for the drive end

What is the model # of the Drive