I'm thinking of using the above servos and was looking at the option of putting together a linear PSU. (240 input)

Now, I have zero experience in CNC, or building a PSU. I'm busy learning what's needed, its a big subject which I'll have to break down into smaller projects, including the PSU.

I've done some rough calcs and I'm learning the theory but any helpful tips at this stage would be greatly appreciated.

What toroidal spec would I need to run 3x 400W servos, at their rated spec, and during peak torque? (i'll likely be using a Mitsubishi Inverter FR-D720S but that will run off mains. I'm thinking of using a small PC power unit 5/12v for any secondary control circuitry, and I know people add overwindings, which would be handy to run a timer on the inrush setup)

Also, what configuration do I use on the secondary windings. Serial/2 Hots + centre tap, Parallel etc
*some electrical engineers recommend not to use the PSU in balanced config, unless the upstream devices are built for that. i.e. 2 hots. Their argument being that if there is an internal fault/short, and even if one phase circuit breaks, the other side can remain hot.

Cheers

P.S I had thought of running the 640s with DYN4, as it negates the use of the linear supply, as a decent PSU build, might cost (in the UK) as much as the extra for the DYN4s?