Still kind of a beginner at turning. Laying out the boring/drilling attachment for the gang tooling on my mill turn setup and space is limited. i have 4 turning/facing tool slots on one side and im trying to decide between 3 and 4 boring/drilling tool slots on the other side. I can squeeze in 4, but clearance between gets tight. These are mostly small parts ill be working on and im curious how many tools i really need to get a hole bored. Most internal work will be under a half inch with biggest bore being maybe 3/4. Lets say for example i need an accurately bored hole that is 3/4 diameter and 2 inches deep, How many tools are really needed to get it done? I imagine its best to spot drill, then maybe 1/4 drill, then 11/16 or so, then finish with a boring bar, but can i get it done with less? 3, or even 2 tools? What happens if i try to just go straight in with a solid carbide 1/2" or so stub drill, and finish the rest with the boring bar? If thats too much, what about just skipping the spot drill and starting with a minimum length 1/4 solid carbide, then bigger drill, then bore? Or maybe start with a large insert drill? Best case would be if i had enough tools to get a hole bored plus one more for internal threading or grooving. The reason its important to avoid the tool changes is because this will be fully automated multiple parts with a pneumatic 5c closer and bar puller. Curious to hear strategies for getting tool count down on internal work.