586,570 active members*
3,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 71 9101112132161
    Hows this, a PC was available on 3d central, and i was able to change the dia. of the body to 3.3"

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Router-1.jpg   Router-2.jpg  

Looks good to me.

Joe,

That's a good looking router bracket. Did you machine the aluminum on your 4x4?
    Mike
    If you can't overbuild it, what's the point?

I bought it from K2CNC, but i will be cutting one on the 4x4 to test.

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    hopefully two weeks or so, it is very time consuming adding every single washer and bolt.
    any headway on the price yet? want to know if I can talk the wife into letting me buy them.

Well what I'm thinking about doing is, when i get the Model 100% complete on the machine this weekend, I was thinking of having a min. charge (_________) for the E-Drawing of the machine, this will Give people allot of Ideas to build on their own or let you evaluate if this is what you want to build, Then if you want the whole set, there will be an upgrade charge for complete drawings and Construction Manual. This will also let someone spead out their cost. Or if you like you can wait and get everything all at one time.

How does that sound and maybe e-mail me a price you think, I have one in mind and those who read this before i eddited it will know what i was thinking.?

I EDITED THE TEXT ABOVE AS NOT TO TALK ABOUT ANY SET PRICE ON THE CNCZONE, NO ONE HAS MENTIONED IT TO ME, BUT I THINK IT IS AGAINST THE CNCZONE POLICE TO TALK ABOUT PRICING OTHER THAN IN SELLING SECTION.

Joe

Price of plans

Joe,

Will the E drawings include a Bill of materials or will that only be in the complete package? I have been ordering parts a bit at a time but the Christmas bonus just got here.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Joe,

Will the E drawings include a Bill of materials or will that only be in the complete package? I have been ordering parts a bit at a time but the Christmas bonus just got here.

Bill
    That will be with complete drawings.

3d Model is done, with every single bolt, screw, washers, etc.

Which is live and which is memorex?

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z Axis Complete.JPG   1.jpg   K2 Router Holder.JPG   2.jpg  

Very nice job. You definitely have some Solidworks skills.

(You use Solidworks right?)

yes at work i use autodesk civil 3d 2008, and solidworks 2008

And now the whole machine.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joes CNC 4x4 Hybrid 12-14-07a.JPG  

any ideas on the price yet for just the materials? Not including electronics?

Thanks!
    -J

Joe,

I've been following your progress with much interest. I started cutting pieces for the Joe2006 model right before you started work on the 4x4 Hybrid machine. With your announcement I stopped work on the '2006 in anticipation of the larger machine since I already have a working JGRO CNC table.

To make a long story short, since I've waited this long I'll opt to wait a little longer and purchase the full set of plans, BOM, eDrawings, and whatever other materials you decide to make available.

I thank you in advance, and I have no qualms about helping to compensate for your time and hard work. I patiently await your plan package price and release date.

Don't rush on my account,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

I agree I will wait for the whole package I am sure it will be well worth the wait just keep teasing us with the videos please!!!

Rob

Hi Joe!
    It looks like a nice device you are building.
    I started a similar project years ago and I’m still banging my head against the Z-axis. Can’t find a simple and sturdy solution that fits within the budget I decided to keep for this one. Any solution would be considered…
    Like you, I used tubes for rails at the X and Y-axis, but I bolted the tube directly onto the aluminum profile (just drilled holes straight trough the tube, big enough for the threaded part of the bolts. It took a while to get the screws in place since the “free” hole was just big enough to let the hex-key in…
    My solution have a drawback: the bending torque around the Y-axis might eventually cause problems since the total distance between the upper and the lower rails will be less than you have. Did you make the stands for the rail (tube) yourselves or are they available “of the shelf”?
    A close-up on the rails and the bearings would be nice.
    /jan

Quote Originally Posted by jans123 View Post
    Hi Joe!
    It looks like a nice device you are building.
    I started a similar project years ago and I’m still banging my head against the Z-axis. Can’t find a simple and sturdy solution that fits within the budget I decided to keep for this one. Any solution would be considered…
    Like you, I used tubes for rails at the X and Y-axis, but I bolted the tube directly onto the aluminum profile (just drilled holes straight trough the tube, big enough for the threaded part of the bolts. It took a while to get the screws in place since the “free” hole was just big enough to let the hex-key in…
    My solution have a drawback: the bending torque around the Y-axis might eventually cause problems since the total distance between the upper and the lower rails will be less than you have. Did you make the stands for the rail (tube) yourselves or are they available “of the shelf”?
    A close-up on the rails and the bearings would be nice.
    /jan
    If you are referring to the original 4x4, yes i made the pipe rail standoff's myself 8" o.c., and also used 1/2" Gas pipe sanded and smoothed, Now i use the angle iron and v-bearings, yes the rails are closer together now, but with the v-bearings it works well.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Joe,

I patiently await your plan package price and release date.

Don't rush on my account,
    Don't listen to him Joe!

Hurry! Hurry!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Don't listen to him Joe!

Hurry! Hurry!

Bill
    Bill,

You need some lessons from Master Po,

"Patience, Grasshopper."

How about we come to a compromise with Joe? Joe can 'Hurry' with your set of plans and take his time with those of us who are willing to wait. As long as we both ante up at the going rate, we'll all be happy.

Just havin' fun with you, Bill.

Although... I wouldn't mind paying for a complete package up front and getting the contents, starting with a complete BOM, as it is finished and becomes available. With the BOM I'd be able to determine what materials I have at my disposal and what items needed to be purchased so I could start the 'hunting & gathering' phase. By the time I obtained all the materials plus a few spares I'd imagine that Joe would be finished, or nearly finished, with his drawings and assembly instructions.

Cheers,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Bill,

You need some lessons from Master Po,

"Patience, Grasshopper."

Although... I wouldn't mind paying for a complete package up front and getting the contents, starting with a complete BOM, as it is finished and becomes available.

Cheers,
    I agree. I am just having fun and chomping at the bit a little. A BOM will allow me to place less orders for material and will allow me to get my stuff together before the Christmas bonus finds an alternate home.....Money like all things tends to go from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration. ;-)

Bill

Page 11 of 71 9101112132161