584,319 active members*
6,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mikinimech > Mikini 1610L User Manual and XML

Mikini 1610L User Manual and XML

Hi everyone! I'm new here and i'm newish to CNC's. I just picked up a used Mikini 1610L and I was wondering if anyone might have a user manual or the original XML file for Mach 3 that they might be able to share.

The Mikini works fine in manual mode but anytime I try to switch to CNC mode, i get a Computer Not Ready error. I'd like to see if i can get this up and running as is before going the retrofit route.

Thanks in advance!
    Greg

Re: Mikini 1610L User Manual and XML

Sure man, I'll get you the xml soon. The user manual is pretty worthless but I'll see what I can do.
    warmachinellc.com

Here is the XML file, just change the extension from txt to xml
    Attached Files Attached Files
    warmachinellc.com

Hi SWATH,
    thanks so much for the file! Got the Mikini communicating with Mach3 and the 3 axis running but i can't get the spindle running properly. The spindle works fine in manual mode but when i switch to Mach 3 and turn it on, it will set a speed of 200 and run - if i try to adjust the speed, it shuts off and gives me a message saying PWM set to minimum frequency.

From what i gather, the spindle is a pain point with the Mikini....is this one of those issues?
    Thanks again for the help!!

Great I'm glad you got it communicating. I'm not sure specifically how to help with the spindle issue. I think 200rpm was too low for the motor to go. As I recall the minimum PWM signal coming off of the Mikini BOB is like 10hz, which for me was like around 300-400rpm. My current setup is quite different so I'm not sure if it will help since I'm using an ESS, a REX84 spindle converter card, a PMDX-106 spindle card, a VFD, and an AC motor. The original Mikini spindle motor and driver were scabby as hell. In retrospect I would source and replace it all with a 2.2kw(3hp)-3.7kw(5hp) AC servo system.
    warmachinellc.com

I still have all my old Mikini parts if you want a new spindle board. Was working - as well as they ever did - when I disassembled it for a retrofit.
    Also have the BOB and main control panel too.

Mikini OEM 4th axis (for Tony)

Attached Files Attached Files