586,106 active members*
3,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > multicam3000 errors-help appreciated

multicam3000 errors-help appreciated

We are a sign shop that is running 4 multicams. We are having issues with our 3000 series. Its throwing error messages -main one being servo error and the xa drive will be flashing. We think it is static related as the error will happen 5 times in a day and then not for a couple of days.
    Anyone had this fault, and how did you get rid of it.
    Multicam will not get back to us
    Thx

Hi

I operate a Multicam 3000 Router.I had a problem where it also told me it had a servo fault which turned out to be a mechanical fault on the Z axis.Next time it happens count how many short flashes the led does, each different codes means a different fault.I have a friend who works at the South Africa Multicam Dealership, will ask his advice.I had the papers with the different code faults but lost it somehow.I have never experienced a static problem only now and again I experience power glitches due to dips in our electricity supply.

Edmond

we have been getting 3 flashes- which indicates too high voltage (?) We have adjusted this as per spec and it does nothing to stop the error.
    We have changed the z drive motor as we had the same issue previously but this time it will not go away.

Had a similar problem with my 3000 series, technician told me he found a loose wire connection to the line reactor (choke) for that axis. Problem hasn't manifested itself since. Worth a look??? Good luck!

Xa servo drive fault could be anything from a bad servo to a broken wire in the encoder bundle. Our previous X axis faults on our machine related to a drive that had gone haywire from time to time and then finally up and quit.
    Our last X axis servo fault was the servo itself with a bad internal encoder glass. Sent it out to a servo shop to get repaired and we are back up and running. We did re-check all the drives at the time and everything is OK with all components.
    Have you talked to your dealer support people??

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

if you thinks it static then why not ground the machine to a ground rod?

Can you swap X and Y drives and see if the problem moves ? Or swap motors.

We tried the drive swap and it didnt do anything.
    We seem to have minor success with most things we try, but then the prob comes back after a day or two.We used static guard and it worked fine for a week, switched over some cables fine for two days...
    I think that there must be some crimp in the cabling, but we cannot find it. I guess we are heading to a complete cable replacement.
    At least Multicam Canada are talking to us now after we got Texas involved!