Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my first post, and hopefully not the last. Please be gentle, lol

I'm in the process of building my first CNC mill. After doing a bit of research, I've decided to go for hybrid servo motors over the traditional steppers as I have heard that steppers are prone to losing steps at high speed. I'm not planning on running the machine fast, but would rather spend the extra money and get the servo's straight up.

I have a bit of a dilemma. I purchased the motors through one of the many Chinese sellers on Ebay. They arrived today in a big white plastic shipping bag with no bubble wrap or any sort of padding around them. The motors were packed in a moulded foam casing and sticky taped together. The foam casing on all of the motors is cracked. They look like they have been dropped or thrown around.

My question is, is there a possibility that there could have been some internal damage caused to encoders or anything else inside the motor? The exterior looks fine, not even a scratch on them. I'm worried if I plug them in and they start smoking, I'll have no chance in returning them for a refund. I have contacted the seller, but have had no reply as yet.

Has anyone been in this situation where they have received the motors with damaged packaging, but they were ok? I have just spent $550 on the 3 motors, so don't want to take any risks. I was looking at the Teknik servo's but unfortunately they were going to be to much to post to AUS. I now wish I had paid the extra money and purchased them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Bob