586,103 active members*
3,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Wadkin 2000s

Wadkin 2000s

Hello everyone, I am very new to CNC and have bought a wadkin 2000 s cnc router to rough dish out the seats to the windsor chairs that we make, we currently do them by hand.

The post processor is a bosch cc100.

My problem is that when i write simple shapes ie practice squares it works fine, but when i try to write complex lofting tool paths it comes up with an error when writing NC code to the post processor.

My queston is should the wadkin 2000s with bosch cc100 be able to do simple lofting shapes.

I will include a link to my website so you can see the shape of the seat we are trying to achive (if this is allowed) About Us

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Carl

Nothing is new under the sun except the next moment

I have had a Wadkin CC2000S from new in my garage for 20 years by now. It´s also with the cc100 control. It have the drip feeding option also. That means you can create the programs on a CAM station and then feed the cnc machine just like a printer from a separate computer. Wadkin also had a special "checksum" program that did add a code to each line in the generated nc program, in order to speed up the data transfer. Programs of 20.000 -30.000 program lines were normal. Some years ago I also made small series production of chair seats like yours, with the molded upper side also machined. Also for "hand" programming I have been able to do all kind of different things. Normal G-code programming, with tool radius compensation, in different planes (x-y/x-z/y-z), running G2/3 with motion also in third axis, sub-programs, parameter programming ( I dont recommend this, because the control is too slow ), etc. And the machine has done what it has been programmed to do.
    So I strongly think that it is not a problem with the CNC, but rather a problem with your post processor either not understanding your CAM program or then not always being capable of simply doing the right thing. I had the same problem at first also. It didn´t take me too long to sit down and open up the NC file on a simple text editor, and find the corrupt commandlines in the file. With that information I provided they had to re-write the postprocessor, and after that it did work.

Good luck

Hallo Lingarious,
    it seems that you are an expert in Wadkin CC2000S. I had a serious problem because the Battery is out of order and the RAM storage is lost. The machine begans now with an error. Do you know what I can do do to restart the OS . Maybe that my changing the battery was not succesfull.
    Many greetings

Black-out on Wadkin.

Sorry for late response. I have not been so active at this forum.
    About loosing all data on the cc100 control, Yes I have had that experiance myself also. It took me some painful days before I got the machine back running. I hope yours is running now also. ( If not, I could try to help you out )

Lignarius

Re: Wadkin 2000s

Hi lignarius i have a wadkin ux with the 223 reference cycle does not exist error in the screen any idea how to fix this ? Thank you