Im new to threading so i want to make sure im doing this right. This is on a cnc setup using fusion 360 cam, example of an M6x1mm thread. For starters, heres how im dialing in my threading insert, I start by turning a diameter and checking with a mic, lets say 20mm. I then touch of my threading insert on this known diameter of 20mm. My threading insert has a 2 thou radius on it so after touching off, i back off the tool a calculated amount so the projected sharp point would be right at the turned diameter, in this case backed off .054mm, then enter 20mm for diameter. This would put the projected point of the insert right on the Z axis at X0. Now in fusion for an M6x1 thread, im modeling a 6mm diameter and selecting that surface for the threading op. I specify a 1mm pitch and a thread depth of .866mm (1mm pitch x .866 ratio). After turning to 6mm and then threading, I come back and turn the OD one more time at 5.9mm to deburr. This should result in a zero clearance thread fit right? Well, its giving me a pretty sloppy fit. Im guessing the nut im checking with has some clearance, but this is a much looser fit than just a bit of clearance. Could be that my cheap insert has a larger radius than whats specified, which would put my insert deeper than expected. Is there a better way to dial in the depth for the insert? obviously i could just start shallower and reduce the x offset until its a good fit, but i wanted to see if theres something specific im doing wrong.