Hey guys! Fairly new to CNC and first time posting on here so let me know if I'm missing important details at all. Been experiencing some issues with a 60x90 CNC I bought second hand. First off - I believe the problem may stem from breaking some router bits in the learning process - so I'm fairly certain its mechanical and not software based.

Basically, I was having an issue where on the Y-Axis, the CNC would get stuck at certain points and make a loud grinding/stalling noise - which would result in that specific Y-Axis run stalling, the home being lost, and the whole rest of the cut being out of line. I thought it might be the stepper motor stalling, so I took the bed apart so I could get a closer look at the rollers as the machine runs along them.

I noticed that the gantry arms were slightly out of line, so I went through and re-adjusted everything and lined it all up properly, and re-tightened everything, however I'm still having the same problem during runs - even without cutting and just moving through the air.

Right now the main diagnosable problems I can see are:

- There's a lot of grinding/friction noise as the machine travels along the Y-Axis, specifically from around y300-y400 there is a heavy grinding noise, and the left stepper motor only seems to stall/get stuck in this area. The grinding noise is most apparent when the machine slows down to stop, and stalling/getting stuck seems to happen most often when the machine slows and then tries to speed up again.

- This grinding results in the machine shaking heavily as it moves up and down the y-axis, even without cutting, meaning any cuts will be inaccurate and choppy.

X and Z Axis both seem to be running smoothly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much guys!