586,119 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Do you like global warming?

Voters
506. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I love it.

314 62.06%
  • No, it's bad.

192 37.94%
Page 14 of 21 41213141516

Burt Rutan has a new hobby....

Really. He does. Burt Rutan's new hobby is AGW.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ZeusMediaInc#g/u

http://rps3.com/Pages/Burt_Rutan_on_Climate_Change.htm

Would you believe an engineer who walks the walk? Unlike the head of the IPCC, who's a railroad engineer....

gorebal warming by burning the carbon credits bought by GE

Quite a BS scheme to make money and to cripple our industry further. Interesting take on Global Warming and runaway environmentalism gusting to earth-worship is spelled out in Romans Chapter 1 of the Bible. Starts off with Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools in their own wisdom. Sounds like congress!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    If Greenland and Antartica became icefree all the World's coastal cities would be under one or two hundred feet of seawater. I would say that should qualify as a change that is bad and spells doom for those cities.

My shop would also be under the same depth of water and I can assure you I would consider that bad and it would spell doom to my business.

You say that like it's a bad thing. San Fransisco under two hundred feet of water... would we be worse off? And yes it would drown my shop too but sometimes you have to take one for the team.
    take care
    Mike

where is the no such thing vote option

Just been paging through the Opinions of the last 23 pages, and one point escapes the "would be greeners" brigade whoever....... when and if the oil ran out by tomorrow midday, (this is quite a good analogy to the 19th century Christian belief that the World was created on day (1) at such and such a time, early in the moning at 10.00AM, I think), then everyone standing around with their cars gasping for a bit of petrol to get them home, would have to walk, Right?

No way, they'd just adjust to whatever could be got to turn the wheels, same as during the war years when in UK they had buses with big bags on top containing coal gas because they had coal gas and not too much spare petrol, and some cars were adapted to run on gas generators from on board coal thingys, not because it was cheaper but because it worked.......and who cared how well.

I'm sure if you had vegetable oil from whatever source, you'd find a way to get it to the engine to make it turn, even to changing the engine to a dirty old diesel, not even hi tech, but capable of making the wheels turn, anything just so long as it didn't entail walking to work or the supermarket, and to hell with the enviro nuts.

The problem is there are just too many people out there needing that bit of energy in whatever form it comes, be it vegie oil, Ethanol from home brew, wood fired steam generator, coal derivatives etc, and some forms of solar/wind/water generators, and most of them live in the 'burbs where dense population growth makes it impossible to generate any form of energy on any scale whatever.

Living on a farm or just a big block of land is not the answer as most people would just starve before the ground got dug, and that would have to be by hand, no fuel for tractors.

When all the oil is gone or not viable to be processed, that's when the alternative methods will kick in, not now and not before then.

The comparison to filling your tank with $75 worth of "juice" to go to Las Vegas and back, as compared to waiting for the sun to shine is pure tunnel vision, 'cos you "can't compare if it aint there", something like assuming that Fusion Technology will one day make electric generating come down to cents per KWH, so every thing else is far too expensive to contemplate.

Huh!!!!!.....one day to be sure, but not today, this year, this generation, or ever, unless you want to compete with a pocket Sun Ball generater, and I for one can't wait that long.

The electric storage versus Commercial generator forum is running neck and neck, and if'n a breakthrough in battery technology happens and we just manage to cram a few more kW's into the same space, it might be the electric car saviour, but if'n the fuel cell wins, then the fuel better be available to make it work, 'cos you can't produce portable electricity without the portable fuel source, which isn't the case with batteries, they're storage cells for off vehicle generators, be it from geo thermal or just plain coal fired power stations via a wall plugin source.

I favour the wall plugin source, as there are hundreds of methods to produce power fed to the grid, as long as you can lay out the generating plant to harness the source, and I believe Geo Thermal for all it's "Wow" factor is one of the most enviro polluting sources second only to a nuclear facility gone bust.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, our petrol (in OZ) has come down to just A$1.12 a litre, (5.2 litres to an imperial gallon), so there's hope for my Merc being on the road for a while yet.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvia View Post
    Thanks for sharing,however i am really afraid of global warming,it is for sure to be a disaster for all the life living in the earth,maybe there will no penguin and polar bear years later,even human beings.
    ....You're kidding, right?

Whatever happens to the weather, we will still survive....those that cannot will disappear, that is the law of Nature, we should recognise it and learn to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    ....You're kidding, right?

Skyvia's raison d'être is to draw attention to his/her SPAM at the bottom of the posting window. This strategy shares the goal of GW alarmism of causing money to flow from you to the right recipients.

Skyvia, I'm upset about global warming as well. Where are all those disasters I was promised? I was promised millions of screaming global warming refugees but I haven't seen even one! I was promised 20 meter sea-level rises coming in like tsunamis all over the world and I got nada! I was promised islands and cities would drown like Atlantis, I got a goose-egg for that! I was promised mega hurricanes ravaging Alaska and Antarctica and everything in between but they couldn't even deliver a normal hurricane year!

Where are the promised boiling temperatures? Is that asking too much? It's darn cold here in Southern California! Where are the promised palm trees on Arctic Ocean beaches? It's snowing in Barrow Alaska! Deliver what you promised! I want a show! I've waited 30 years while you Warmistas said "Wait, it's coming. It's in the future." I'm done waiting; Deliver the disasters you promised me! I've got my popcorn and I want the show I paid for!

Mariss

It's coming man, just be patient, it's coming.....maybe not today or tomorrow, but according to the nuts it's still coming.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Pakistan has "enjoyed" the prayers the rain dancers sent up for some rain to offset the exceptionally dry weather and lack of water from the melted glaciers etc which that particular region has experienced in the last few years....now that'll make the flowers grow.

What!!!! They got it already....all in one hit.....wow ...now that's some delivery system.

You just gotta feel humble when a prayer orientated occurence actually delivers the goods.

Perhaps President B'OB could get down on all fours and pray for the redemption of the US supremacy on the world wide stage once again, but then again pigs might fly, and the green back might just come off parity with the as they called it "humble little Aussie dollar", who cares....the world's gonna end one day...not today or tomorrow, but definitely one day.....and that as a prediction is 100% Gospel truth, I wouldn't lie to yo'all.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    Skyvia, I'm upset about global warming as well. Where are all those disasters I was promised? I was promised millions of screaming global warming refugees but I haven't seen even one! I was promised 20 meter sea-level rises coming in like tsunamis all over the world and I got nada! I was promised islands and cities would drown like Atlantis, I got a goose-egg for that! I was promised mega hurricanes ravaging Alaska and Antarctica and everything in between but they couldn't even deliver a normal hurricane year!

Where are the promised boiling temperatures? Is that asking too much? It's darn cold here in Southern California! Where are the promised palm trees on Arctic Ocean beaches? It's snowing in Barrow Alaska! Deliver what you promised! I want a show! I've waited 30 years while you Warmistas said "Wait, it's coming. It's in the future." I'm done waiting; Deliver the disasters you promised me! I've got my popcorn and I want the show I paid for!

Mariss
    I have been waiting 50 years myself. I havent seen any differences yet. I will continue to live the "organic" lifestyle I have enjoyed. I will eat beef and burn oil in my vehicles. Just like during the oil spill, over reaction on a few peoples (inexperienced people at that) parts is the problem. My father has a saying (he said to me if I was getting enviromental), what is more organic than oil? If I send ALL of my money to the brilliant individuals in Washington, will I be able to get rid of my AC unit in Houston? Funny the same people who preach global warming are the 1's responsible for our spending and budget and you see how well that is run. Never face reality and keep spending. Fools!

Ian is right, we have faced unexpected Flood recently ...Have you heard thousands of birds died in Alaska (i guess) and somewhere in the Europe thousands of fish dies for no reason... We are playing with nature and all things will come sudden when the entropy of the system is disturb and unrecoverable... and this is year 2011 who knows 12???
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Yeah Shownewsday, first we gotta get rid of some of those Humanoids......probably by not making too many more of the current model....then with the DNA extracted from the Dynosaur fossil eggs...(anything is possible according to Hollywood)...the Dyno's could once more rule the Earth, and so the planet will be saved from the ravages so far supposedly taking place by all that Humanoid AGW related activity.

Don't hold your breath, the Greens and Enviro Nuts are planning a strategy whereby the current trend in Humanoid activity will not be reversed but sustainable.

This means the Humanoids, who are supposedly endowed with the capability of causing the ebb and flow of the tides (despite Canutes expose), and ice pack melting in places various, will do what Humanoids do, and make more and more Humanoids, just in case there comes a time when there occurs a gap in the predicted Humanoid ranks, when you and I and a whole lot of others will only have standing room on the planet.

But I hear the Chief Enviro Nut has a plan whereby the extra Humanoids will stand on each other's shoulders, thereby solving the growth problem for many years to come.

When the lower level of Humanoids dies they will just sink into the mud and like Shark's teeth be replaced by those on top, such a brilliant plan, based largely but very loosely on the hypothesis of Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth exposure.

Al Gore will of course be entitled to collect royalties on any material used from his film shows and books.

With the expected thousands of billions of dollars the US IRA office will get from Al's new income royalties, they will be only too keen to refute any allegations that "one of their own" was in any way "making hay while the sun continuous to shine", more to the point they would either pay off or eliminate any opposition to Al's "good work".
    Ian.

Adjust the tempreture of AC to 26 degree, use public transpotation as more as possible, do whatever you can do to save this planet. that is my goal
    Regards.
    www.gskcnc.cn

26 DEGREES? That's awfully cold, about -3 degrees C.

Mariss

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    Ian is right, we have faced unexpected Flood recently ...Have you heard thousands of birds died in Alaska (i guess) and somewhere in the Europe thousands of fish dies for no reason... We are playing with nature and all things will come sudden when the entropy of the system is disturb and unrecoverable... and this is year 2011 who knows 12???
    Pakistan floods last summer could have been predicted | Watts Up With That?

Unexpected only because you're NOT paying attention.

Most of you people are so focused on reading the headlines from the Weekly World News that you forget that climate does what it does. It changes, and it repeats itself in patterns.

Some patterns we have learned to recognize, some we have not. The ones we have not are bundled into "climate change" or "global warming".

For those we do not yet understand that are seemingly "extreme", we blame god and sacrifice some virgins. Lately we've grown more civilized and pay illogical fines.

2012 IS COMING!!! GET YOUR KOOL-AID READY!!!

Huh.....with all that predictability available, costing humungous amounts of money to operate, when a cataclysmic event makes all that expended money worth while, NOTHING happened......NOTHING......thousands got terminated......milions got displaced.....I lay it on the line....when the next cataclysmic event is about to take place, sell ringside tickets so that everyone who's interested can see the event, then when the cleanup campaign is needed the money from the "show" will pay for it.

And by the way....if the technology isn't working, why have it.
    Ian.

Have you heard thousands of birds died in Alaska (i guess) and somewhere in the Europe thousands of fish dies for no reason... We are playing with nature and all things will come sudden when the entropy of the system is disturb and unrecoverable... ...
    cheap wow gold,cartier necklaces,cartier pens

Quote Originally Posted by yuanyelss View Post
    Have you heard thousands of birds died in Alaska (i guess) and somewhere in the Europe thousands of fish dies for no reason... We are playing with nature and all things will come sudden when the entropy of the system is disturb and unrecoverable... ...
    Wow. yuanyelss has presented to us a SPAM wrapped fortune cookie!

....entropy of the system disturb??? Unrecoverable????
    Incredible understanding of our climate. Should stick to selling pen.

Quote Originally Posted by yuanyelss View Post

Refining gold is a very dirty business.

Page 14 of 21 41213141516