586,060 active members*
4,416 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 16M system software load ROM Parity Error

Fanuc 16M system software load ROM Parity Error

Hello
    Recently we are bringing up Okuma Howa 630 with Fanuc 16M controll the psu unit was gone from it I found original fanuc data sheet and ordered main pcb with all the modules axis cards sram etc. Now my problem is every time I am trying to load nc basic plus other system files on it I have ROM parity error NC basic failed. I'm loading it from 8MB SRAM Card. Other problem is I'm taking all the files from different machine two serial numbers away and when I'm trying to load all of the SRAM backup files always after third or second file I have error either card or NMI depends on machine. Also I dont have a way to acces and edit ladder files from card I can't see them in my windows system. Guys any Ideas Thanks Lukasz J.

If you're control is brand new, you can perform a flash rom initialize from the boot screen to clean up the rom module. It sounds like you've check and made sure the modules are in the right location.

It also matters on how you enter the boot screen. You must go thru the maintenance mode (hold the right arrow soft key count 5 soft keys over and hold the very next soft key. Basically you have 5 softkeys between your thumb and pinky).
    This will allow you to access the software and upload.

You can also do a system data check from the boot and look at individual software files. All fanuc software will be legible (ex. BEB1 000E 020). Builder software will be unreadable.

Finally, if you are copying from another machine, right down EXACTLY how it is listed in the other machine on the system data check screen (in the boot) and put it in this one exactly the same way.

This only works on a Model B or Model C. No way to do it on a Model A (no memory card slot).

Hope this helps. Be patient and take your time.

Parameters

Try the following:

LOADING PARAMETERS WITH A PC (10,11,12,15 Controts)
    Plug in Compatible PC into CD4A port on the Control
    Turn on the Control
    Use the same parameters that are used for loading part Programs
    Use the same Communications program that is currently being used for loading
    your ASCII file
    Select the SETTING, CHAPTER, GENERAL
    Set Parameter 8000 to all ones.
    Place the control in ESTOP MODE.
    Select the following soft keys in this order:
    SERVICE
    RIGHT SOFT KEY
    READ
    PARAMETER
    The word READ will flash at the bottom of the screen.
    Turn the computer on and start the communication program.
    1 1 Start uploading the OPTION PARAMETER file fiom disk.
    12 The message LOCKED PARAMETERS will appear.
    13 Turn the control off and back on. Loading of the Parameters is now complete.
    The parameter(s) is supplied on disk e.g. High speed skip option in Parameter 9100: N9100P00001000