586,719 active members*
3,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbe question??

Is a CAT 40 tool holder the same as a BT 40?
    thanks, Rick

No.
    On a Bridgeport VMC, the pull stud was different, and the position of the groove for the tool fingers was different.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you. I see the CAT 40 tool holders on eBay all the time, but have yet to see a BT 40? Are they that hard to find? Are they like the BT 35 with the pull stud?
    I have been bidding on Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 machines as they come up (IF they are a reasonable price) Because I am cheap and don't know how to snipe I get outbid by less than $1,000 each time. So I see they use a BT 40=Bridgeport 40? Hopefully they are common? And not $80 each. They will use the same tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickady View Post
    Thank you. I see the CAT 40 tool holders on eBay all the time, but have yet to see a BT 40? Are they that hard to find? Are they like the BT 35 with the pull stud?
    I have been bidding on Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 machines as they come up (IF they are a reasonable price) Because I am cheap and don't know how to snipe I get outbid by less than $1,000 each time. So I see they use a BT 40=Bridgeport 40? Hopefully they are common? And not $80 each. They will use the same tools?
    I've never done E-bay, but a new employee tells me the best way is to submit your bid 4 seconds before the time elapses. That way the other guy doesn't have enough time to out bid you. He sits there with his bid made, and finger on the Enter key, counting down the seconds. Another thing is to put in the maximum amount you are willing to pay. (Don't remember what they call this.) Say you put $30,000 as your limit, and the top bid winds up being $29,900. My understanding is the object would be yours because E-bay will automatically add a fixed amount to the last bid until your limit is reached. Not sure what this fixed amount is. It may vary depending on the price of the object. I think he said it was $.50 on some of the cheap things he bids on. I would imagine something in this price range would have a higher set increase.

Thanks.
    I missed out on another eBay auction, but at the bottom of the notice it had a section called"related items" It listed three different auctions for BT 40 tool holders with a buy it now price of $99.00 for a set of three. That is a lot of money to just fill the 22 slot toll changer. Then buy the tools for the holders.