587,028 active members*
3,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Machine Created Art > Need Help, BobCad/Cam G-Code file

Need Help, BobCad/Cam G-Code file

I work in a small shop ( 7 ) people total. We do not have any 3D machining software and I am trying to talk the owner into purchasing BobCad/Cam with Bob Art.
    I downloaded the trial for their software. But it does not allow you to save the code untill you fork over the cash. ( which is understandable )
    Can some one send me a file for a small part ( Preferably something artistic, cartoon caracter, anything ) that would fit in a 5.0x5.0x0.500 ( inches ) aluminum plate. ( basic 6061 -T6 )
    I was very impressed with the ease of importing a photo and embossing it and generating tool path. And while I demonstrated this to the owner, it would be very helpfull to have a small part I can put in his hand.
    I have 24-7 access to the shop and I would like to come in and run a part just to show him what it is capable of.
    It would also help to have tool data for the file. I hope this is not an unreasonable request, I am new to this forum.
    What brought me here was a search for DXF files for artwork.
    I found a thread where you folks were sharing files. Got many that I have already played around with. It was very helpful.
    By the way, I will be running it as a sub program on a Mazak Mazatrol 640M controler. I am very familiar with editing eia code as I use it for text milling and engraving some of the art work I have found here on this site.
    I have used many programs that was post processed for a FANUC controller on this machine that I did in some 2 1/2D software that I own.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this, this looks like it will be a very helpful site.
    Brushy Bill Roberts
    [email protected]

Small File BobCAD

Hi,
    I have a BobCAD router in my garage and use the V21. If I can help with a file I will be grad to. Currently I am machining small boat hulls in 3D, but I have done engraving and many other tasks in different materials. Many people have helped me along the way so glad to return the favor.
    Bruce
    [email protected]