586,103 active members*
3,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > fanuc o-m param diag tool changer

fanuc o-m param diag tool changer

first off, you guys rock ! had two vmc's, toppers with oi-m fanuc. someone changed the batteries with the power off.
    Learned on here how to reset home and clear the error alarms for xyz and was running both within an hour.
    today, an excel stallion 810 vmc with o-m fanuc, wouldn't start or move, screen and all axis were froze.
    Had no choice, under advisement, did the reset delete deal. I am nothing more THAN a newbie !
    again,axis home position was off, errors everywhere. got the parameters back in , by hand, from a back up list and the list from the manufact. now can handle xyz around, can zero out all, almost done but the changer won't change tools.
    pots will come down, changer carousel rotates, pots go up, but wont on command change.
    i loaded diag as much as i could find, all param again, to make sure. Think we're missing something. think part is the small movement the head does before it changes, off of z zero. also missing a param?
    comfortable loading the data, saving it, any ideas?

Again, thank you all very much, You're all great teachers !

The Less Than Newbie !

Possibly missing the ATC macro program? The builder may be able to supply this.

any alarm when M6 is called? If it works with a tool change Macro and that one is missing, you should have an alarm 059(program not found).
    What it exactly does if you call a tool change?
    where it stole or alarm out?
    You talk about a small z movement, so your Z tool change position is not the Z home position.
    It may use the second reference point for the Z tool tool change (G30, this position is set by prm no 737 that is the distance between the first reference (Home) and the second(Z tool change)
    If it works like i suppose, you should have a limit switch to ensure that the Z axis is at the right place for a tool change. If your second reference is not set correctly, this switch could not be activated.

All above are suppositions, more details will help to point the real problem

So far, have it where it DOES change tools as it should. i've been playin with prm 737 BUT need to reset the z home/zero. I'm trying to figure out the
    differences between the supplied manufacturers prm list and my backed up prm list. quiet different.

thank you both for the replies so far !

OK here's an update, evidently i forgot to do the p-cancel when i started up the machine,
    i should've remember as i did a lot fixing the Topper VMC as i earlier stated.
    Changed prm 737 for the toolchange 2nd zero. Machine IS up and running no thanks to me, all thanks to
    you guys on here.
    As a little tip to others, i DID find the D- cell battery cover was missing a screw, my guess is when my guy
    shut off the machine, one of the three lost contact, next AM is when the problem showed up.
    I tested the original batteries, should be 1.5 volts, checked at 1.58 so they weren't bad, which worried me,
    thinking that was the cause.

Wanted to make sure and post my results for info.

Again, this site is GOLDEN !
    many many thanks to one and all.

Mark

Looks like my post didn't show from few minutes ago, Machine is up and running no thanks to ME but all thanks to you guys and this site.
    Evidently i forgot i used -cancel-p- on start up, hence the Z zero home position kept changing, none correct. with THAT done, changed the 737 prm using the info from this site, had to be -2800 (-2.8 mm) BAMM done deal. Thanks to you all on here. What a resource.
    Was worried why this problem started to begin with, installed new D cell batteries, THIS time with power on, checked the original ones, were at 1.58 V so they weren't bad. Found the battery cover was missing a screw, the cover had to of opened enough to let one battery lose contact ...Also learned i'm going to get hard copies of all param and diag for all 10 machines !!!!!

Dear sir, i have lost parameters and diagnostic of my excel 810 vmc with fanuc omc. Could you please send me the DIGNOSTICS and parameter of the your excel stallion 810.and tool change micro. Pl my mail id [email protected]