587,072 active members*
2,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Another Request for Leadwell MCV-OP Fanuc OMF Parameters
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Another Request for Leadwell MCV-OP Fanuc OMF Parameters

Hi,

I'm new to the group and unfortunately I have to ask for something immediately.

We need the parameters for a 1993 Leadwell MCV-OP with Fanuc OMF. Can someone please help and post them ?

We are a non-profit makerspace that mentors high school students in robotics, mechanical design, electronics, welding, 3d printing, etc. Our makerspace is member funded and as a result, have very little money for cnc machines, stock , screws, metrology, tooling, etc..

We found the Leadwell in a ditch by the side of a road and thought it was terrible to see it scrapped. We found out it was purchased at an auction, sat in a barn for 8 years and dragged to the ditch using a underpowered forklift, damaging the cable in the ways, smashing the oil pump to bits, shattering x-axis servo connectors and resolver cover. Did I mention is was covered with bird droppings ? Fortunately the controller box was immaculately clean on the inside and we did get the wiring manual... We repaired all physical damage could find, but the oil pump; and cleaned the bird droppings... .

It was powered on for the first time Saturday and have a 910 parity error. The backup batteries were completely dead, so we're assuming we need to reload the parameters.

I'm trying to attach the displayed parity error.

Any help would be appreciated..

Also, can anyone tell us what the mini-cassette next to the memory board is used for ?

Thank you,

GaryM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1070.jpg  

Re: Another Request for Leadwell MCV-OP Fanuc OMF Parameters

If you press and hold the RESET and DELETE Buttons while you power up it will clear the alarm. But you will have to still have to enter in the CNC and Diagnostic parameters. The yellow cassette is a made to order macro cassette. Not 100% sure what it does.

US Contacts
    Phone
    Sales: 800-450-4120
    Service: 972-424-4095
    Fax
    Sales: 972-543-0090
    Service: 972-543-0004
    Factory Contacts
    May Li
    Phone: 011-886-4-359-1880
    Fax: 011-886-4-359-2555
    Email Sales Information
    Leadwell Sales
    Leadwell Factory Website
    LEADWELL CNC MACHINES MFG.,CORP. - CNC TURNING CENTER?VERTICAL MACHINING CENTER.

Thanks for the reply today.. I have cleared the memory and have these alarms:

100: power supply alarm
    400: spindle servo alarm [overload]
    417: x axis servo alarm
    427: y axis servo alarm
    437: z axis servo alarm

From searching the web, the power supply, and axis servo alarms should clear up after parameter/diags reload. The spindle overload alarm is worrisome, I'm hoping is only a loose wire/cable or a thermostat. We have no history on this machine, it could have been sold at auction because of a bad spindle motor/amp/controller. We can't get past "go" without reloading the memory.

Thanks for the contacts... I'm going to contact CAMPAT Machine Tool tomorrow. Do you know someone I should ask for ?

[edit]

We found a procedure by John Robbins to reload the memory. LINK https://www.shoprag.com/procedures/R...%20Control.pdf

PS alarms are not power supply alarms. Here is the description:

100 PARAMETER WRITE ENABLE On the PARAMETER(SETTING) screen, PWE(parameter writing enabled) is set to 1. Set it to 0, and then reset the system.

This is only telling you that you can change parameters because the PWE (Parameter write Enable) is on.

Roger,,, Thanks

I started setting the memory manually.. And, found out there is a short in the M3 cable keeping the #6 key stuck on.

I was able to get through nearly all settings except for the setting requiring the #6 key. Oddly, I couldn't find the 6000 series parameters, they were not in the displayed list. Also I wasn't able to change the diagnostic counters.

I'll get to the cable tomorrow.

Thx again..

Some of the diagnostic parameters will be set via PMC ladder so don't sweat it if you can not change.

I'm more concerned why I don't see the 6000 series parameters in the list.

I wish I had better documentation on leadwell/fanuc basics and training.

6001 to 6128: Setting of pitch error compensation amount for 6th axis.

@drdos Thank you for the help. Oddly, the servo amp has 4 outputs.. It is supposed to support 4 axis, the servo parms are between 81xx and 83xx. Maybe 60xx is for axis 4 on this machine..

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMzz View Post
    @drdos Thank you for the help. Oddly, the servo amp has 4 outputs.. It is supposed to support 4 axis, the servo parms are between 81xx and 83xx. Maybe 60xx is for axis 4 on this machine..
    81xx thru 83xx are the servo parameters, 1001 to 6128 are pitch error comentionsation (1st axis to the 6th axis)

@drdos

Thanks for the help. I've downloaded the fanuc manuals, It'll take me a days to read thought them just to get a lay of the land.

I've been in contact with CAMPAT, they are great and so helpful They sent a serial number to leadwell, hopefully we'll have the parameter files shortly.

I discovered the emg alarm was cause by x-axis limit switch plunger sticking. The switch needed to be open to push the plunger back out so it could be lubed. What I didn't know is the 24v is still live event though the console is off. I'm an idiot, I shorted the 24v to ground. The alarm returned. I probably blew the a 24v fuse. Deal with it when not so tired to make a nube mistake. Who at leadwell or fanuc thought it was a good idea to keep the limit switch powered when the console is off ?

The servo overload had me worried a servo power cable was shorted, crushed by a forklift. Disconnecting L,M,N cables to the servo motors and disconnecting signal cables CN1L, CN1M, CN1N between NC and servo amp didn't change the alarms. It took me a few hours to find the servo amp manual and found the DRDY was off; caused by the limit alarm most likely. The DGTL PARAM alarm seems like the 8xnn parameters are wrong. Now with manual in hand, I'll be able to debug the the parameters.

Thanks again

Hi All

I'm just giving an update.. I still haven't resolved the servo parameter alarm, I'm suspect it's either operator error on the servo setting process or something is broken..

I have a bunch of manuals, about 1500 pages I've been reading over the past week. There are discrepancies between settings documented in the manuals, eg bits for the resolver resolution. The servo only needs a handful of settings. After changing them to working settings, the parameter alarms still exist.

It looks like I'll have to pay leadwell for the machine serial numbered settings. I'm resistant, to pay leadwell because 1) I'm unsure they actually have the correct setting and 2) there may be a hardware defect.

I'll place the hardware and debug related issues on another thread. When I get known working parameters, I'll attach them to this thread.

Hello,

I have the Parameter of this Leadwell, i have a similar center...

Hi 008

Can you please post them to this thread ? Or I'll dm with my email address.

THANK YOU !!

Hi 008

Can you please post them to this thread ? Or I'll dm with my email address.

THANK YOU !!

I received the files from 008, but we realized we didn't have a working serial port cable in this day is USB.

Just to let everyone know the 4X7 parameter alarms were caused by an invalid, and very large value in parameter location 431. I took a guess and set it to 0 which eliminated the 4X7 errors. I'm not sure how that value got in there..The memory was wiped before setting the parameters and the location was not in the list of parameter for the system. Maybe an "undocumented feature" of the fanuc software.

I was left with a 520 Y+ over travel (software) alarm, a 400 overload alarm and a Er-02 on the spindle amp.

The 520 alarm is remove by holding the 'P' and 'CAN' keys powering down and continue to hold them while powering the machine back on until the fanuc completely boots.

Now I'm left with the 400 overload and a Er-02 on the spindle amp.

The servo amp does not have any alarm leds lit and DRDY is dark. I'm unsure if NC needs DRDY to talk to the servo. I'm suspect the diagnostic values are junk.

Hello, i have a MCV-OP with mitsubishi Meldas M3 control, battery died and i lost all the parameters, i have the CNC machine parameters but the carousel is not working properly i know that i need the PLC paramteres to make it work again, does anyone here knows where can i find em?

Best Regards

PD: i dont know if this is the correct place to do post this.

A quick update...

The 400 overload is another parameter issue. Bruce @tristar (fanuc expert) explained 400 software alarm means "the NC cannot process parameters", not a servo amp alarm. Depending on where the NC initialization stopped, some diagnostic registers may not be valid. So, its back to the 8xxx parameters.

The Er-02 spindle amp alarm is resolved, This was poor data entry on my part causing another bad parameter in 65xx parameter set. Corrected the error and the spindle reports 0000 which I hope is correct.

I'll continue to update this thread on progress

Update: The 400 was in part two issues, the first software overrun and a broken wire in the damaged and repaired servo.

The overrun was caused by an improper value in the 8x84, 8x85 parameter locations. In some cases, 8x84, 8x85 are optional, dependent on machine options and pulse coder model. In the case of the leadwell using a 10,000 ppr coder, the 8x84, 8x86 must be set to:
    X: 8184 = 10000
    X: 8186 = 10000
    Y: 8284 = 10000
    Y: 8286 = 10000
    Z: 8384 = 5000
    Z: 8386 = 10000

After the software overload (overrun) was repaired a second 400 servo alarm was caused by a hidden break in the motor's thermostat wire. Once repaired, the servo amp became ready and the DRDY led is illuminated.

Still have "ACT mis-posi" and "spindle cvr intrlk" alarms to resolve before I can post parameters.

Smile Re: Another Request for Leadwell MCV-OP Fanuc OMF Parameters

I've created an incomplete spreadsheet with MCV-OP Fanuc OMF parameters borrowed from my manual, a downloaded manual, some hints from a campat, and member 008, who all helped getting our MCV-OP past the parity error phase. The spreadsheet contains 4 sets of parameters only the one of the parameter sets is known to work (SN L2930619).

The spreadsheet is a work in progress where publicly known parameter descriptions are added to the parameters as a quick lookup using the using the tab labeled "Comparison" .

Service companies CAMPAT and TristarCNC will have the latest copies, please support these companies. I'm not sure how often this spreadsheet will be updated, but as time progresses, corrections to my machine's parameters will be brought current.

A special thank you to Chris Hanson@CAMPAT for an initial set of parameters, supporting leadwell other errors, and donating an oil pump to our effort of getting this machine working again.

Another special thank you to Bruce@TristarCNC for spending hours on the phone educating me on the FANUC Series 0, so I can correctly set parameters in the NC.

Again Thank You Chris, Bruce and 008 for your help.

cheers,
    gary

Page 1 of 2 12