Hi Everyone,

I run a small cabinet shop and recently purchased a 4x8 CNC router from China (you might have heard a similar tale as the one I'm about to tell before).
It has a lot of quality parts on it. Hiwin rails. Yaskawa servo motors. Run by a Syntec 6MB contoller. It's also a heavy beast at over 4,000lbs.
My issue is, if I slow my cuts down to 60 inches per minute, it cuts "ok". I usually use 1/4 inch spiral carbide bits that feed/speed charts say should run upwards of 180 IPMs. When I run it that high, the cuts are terrible. A 1 inch circle cut in MDF at .0125" deep per pass looks like a choppy oval. I use Aspire as my software program and the machine runs on simple G code.

The biggest thing I see is when it gets to turning a 90 corner, the Y axis always over travels a bit. Even at 160 IPM it can overtravel by .025"
My suspicions are the servos are not in tune, but that's a WAG.
I took the covers off and the belts all some tensioned well enough and the gears are making good contact.

My question is, does anyone do support/consulting work on machines like this? It's a pretty simple setup for someone that knows CNC really well. The support from the manufacturer is zero. I've got no where else to turn as I've got little spare time.

I appreciate any direction you could point me. I'm a paying customer. Just need to get this machine straightened out so I can get back to work.

Thanks!

Brandon