586,379 active members*
2,628 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy mazak Laser Help

Without anyone bashing the machine I have. I am having a problem being able to compete with other laser house prices. We have a 1.5kw mark II Mazak. The unit works great and we have had no down time with it my only complaint is that I find I am double on cut times vs the competition. My current situation is cutting 18ga ss. I understand that I am on the small side and other machines rapid faster and pierce faster and such but on this particular job my pierce is 15 seconds of the total sheet and rapid may be a minute max. I really need to cut 3-4 minutes per sheet which is a lot. Does anyone have a cut condition that cuts faster than 150 ipm that would work on my machine. I am cutting with nitrogen and my cut is good but bump up the speed and I start etching not cutting. My condition is as follows
    p 1500
    q 100
    r 100
    f 150
    gas 70
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: mazak Laser Help

I would suggest you start at the machines max power, then play with the feed rate this should stop the cutting to etching problem and speed up your production time. your speed seems abit low but I run a 4k C02 laser, I also never really go lower than 100 for gas when cutting ss or alum. As for settings I can't help you there as I run a totally different mazak laser machine. hope I help a little, laser machines can be tricky at times