509,747 active members
2,813 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out?
Page 11 of 11 91011
    Registered

Re: Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out?

Pd 070 was Set at zero for pot control on the keypad. I haven’t tried hooking up external pot yet. Other settings have to be confirmed tonight. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justCNCit View Post
    Pd 070 was Set at zero for pot control on the keypad. I haven’t tried hooking up external pot yet. Other settings have to be confirmed tonight. Thanks
    As I said it needs to be set to PD070=1 this is for your pot control at your KeyPad I said this in the other posts
    Mactec54

Gold Member

It's all in the instruction manual.....but you'll have to read it thoroughly...…..just needs a bit of interpreting like Mac has said.

I'm just waiting for that "oh yeah, silly me" moment when the light shines through.....BTDT.
    Ian.

Registered

Yeah I'm fine admitting wrongdoing here if we can find it, the spindle has cost me a lot of time and money already. Memorized the instruction manual, but still unclear.

PD070=1 is confirmed as well as PD002 =1, but still the pot does not work.

One of the settings changed the max RPM to 9000 which makes it so I can actually use the drive at the moment. I tried the above settings with jumper settings in both positions.

Gold Member

Hmmmm..…...I think the operative word is ALL settings need to be right not a few at random places.....you could be cross setting some parameters and confusing the VFD.

Perhaps you could post the settings (all) you are currently running with so's Mac can verify if you have misread the info sheet.....it's simpler that way once you are on the same road.

Before you blow up your motor …..again.....it might be wise to temporary reset to factory defaults and attach a standard 3 phase motor to see if the VFD is still alive and kicking.

I assume the VFD is a normal single phase in to 3 phase out model, so it should function normally with a standard 3 phase motor....any 3 phase motor for a trial run.

By this time you should be pretty conversant with the manual info settings to be able to change them as required.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by justCNCit View Post
    Yeah I'm fine admitting wrongdoing here if we can find it, the spindle has cost me a lot of time and money already. Memorized the instruction manual, but still unclear.

PD070=1 is confirmed as well as PD002 =1, but still the pot does not work.

One of the settings changed the max RPM to 9000 which makes it so I can actually use the drive at the moment. I tried the above settings with jumper settings in both positions.
    which setting changed it to 9000 was that PD003=set that back to 400 and then try the pot you can't adjust something if there is nothing to adjust

There must be something else that is not set correct there are more than one Parameter that have to work together to make this work

Have you tried the up / down arrow buttons to change the speed
    Mactec54

Page 11 of 11 91011