586,655 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out?

Hybrid View

Why would it have shown continuity between ground and the other poles if disconnected ground. Will check tonight

Re: Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out?

Quote Originally Posted by justCNCit View Post
    Why would it have shown continuity between ground and the other poles if disconnected ground. Will check tonight
    Since your ground pin is not hooked up to the metal on the frame I don't understand. If you get any reading to motor frame ground from a winding its bad. Winding to winding should read the same, pretty low 1 or 2 ohms.
    No reading from winding to winding= bad. Your not touching the meter leads with your fingers are you?
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

It means you have a short somewhere

When you test you should check like this, when checking for a shorted Pin check to the body of the spindle not the unconnected 4th Ground Pin

Pin 1 to Pin 2=

Pin 2 to Pin 3=

Pin 3 to Pin 1=

Then check all to Ground the spindle body

IF you have a short to Pin 4 then you have a wiring problem in the plug, or the plug is damaged

This is the most basic of tests to do but will give an idea of what is happening
    Mactec54

I hope you where able to check your motor, I would do the check from the back side of the plug, I had a thought that seeing you where getting some odd reading the motor may not be damaged, and it could be just the wiring of the plug that is the problem as others have had this problem as well with plug wiring being faulty, and the plugs in general being bad so worth a good look at
    Mactec54